RIDES FOR 2012?

If Vern wants to ride the route twice in a weekend then you can move it to the Sunday if you like. I can only do Saturdays this month and seeing as I have devised the route for this one, I need to show it to you guys.

There are several sections that I'm not sure of that might no longer exist (one stretch I havn't seen for over 20 years for example), so a smaller recce might not be a bad idea to save me from ending the day in front of a lynch mob.

Also, did I mention this route is one of my Killer Specials that runs at a shade over 30 miles? :twisted:

If you guys all want to ride a Sunday next month then I'm easy, I can show the route to you some other time when it's convenient to you all. Shame for you to miss a ride if Sundays are the only choice you have.

Si

Dr S":3r55voq4 said:
If Vern wants to ride the route twice in a weekend then you can move it to the Sunday if you like. I can only do Saturdays this month and seeing as I have devised the route for this one, I need to show it to you guys

Si

If there are five or more riders that want to ride this on Sunday then I maybe up for a edited highlights ride..... say fifteen miles :roll:

Any one interested ??

rides 2012

saturday or sunday i can do. i will bring the computer for mileage.

15 miles sound ideal too. for my lazy ass.

lets see what we can do later on to balance the sat/sun thing out. slot a re-run in somewhere to help those unable to attend the first time round. it will take a few goes in any case to refine, been in temple newsam today and if its
anything like the horrible muddy c**p i found then it will need a tweak or two if we see any more rain. :LOL:

don't worry about altering the recce, as well it's a recce :)

I have 4 or 5 rides I can slot into the calendar for Sundays
One planned it Howardian Hill loop in the summer

Two somewhere between York/Beverley

One or two under Huddersfield (reservoir area) or towards to reservoirs near Wharncliffe.
These two really do need locals to tell me where to look though else going in blind :LOL: but I have a map and a virtual pen.

rides 2012

see rob atkin ben, he haunts those parts and may know some trails in and around.

for now i will run with whatever is announced. im sure things will be clearer when the clocks go forward and the sap rises ;)

Leave it as the Saturday, I'm not definitely out, might be able to sweet talk the boss yet and even if I can't make it I'm sure a rerun one Sunday soon would be a good idea anyway as we need to get this spot on.

Just had a bimble round part of the NYM, there was a bit of a breeze today :LOL:

Managed to bag some more sweet singletrack that I'd not ridden before (more pink lines on the O/S :cool: ) all in the bank for future rides.

Picture011.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Good ride today but we didn't make it round the full route as the high winds slowed us down some what :LOL:

Nice pics Vern, went for a long walk with the dog this morning and the wind was terrible could barely walk into it up on the top of the hills.

moors

very 'moorsy' indeed. there's a strong westerly today and yesterday due to drop off tomorrow but staying cold.

wherever you was can only get better i suppose, come springtime.

all good stuff :cool:

i can't beat those views but my weekend venture has brought mud and toil.
worth it though as im nearer to completion for this ride.

Photo-0097_1.jpg

sorry unclejack(chris) rhododendron not out yet, but starting to bud. ;)

Photo-0098.jpg

chrisv40":tvkc0lyc said:
Nice pics Vern, went for a long walk with the dog this morning and the wind was terrible could barely walk into it up on the top of the hills.

It was a bit breezy (30mph+) but the sun was out for 5 minutes, we rode an armored section of trail thats about 18" wide,
was like trying to ride a 1" skinny I spent more time in the heather :LOL:

Back