XTR MN970 chainset

taffy

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I know the answer to this i'm pretty sure

Shimano only ever made a one size fits all version of this (barring crank arm lengths or the chain ring ratios etc) ie like all other hollowtewch2's you add or subtract spacers to fit your bb.

For 68mm shell all 3 spacers - 2 on drive side, 1 on non drive and for 73mm 1 spacer on drive side only according to the instructions I have here. :)

trek_y":1b42e1dp said:
For 68mm shell all 3 spacers - 2 on drive side, 1 on non drive and for 73mm 1 spacer on drive side only according to the instructions I have here. :)

aye, but you can swap them to correct chainline if necessary (although this may offset your crank arm / chainstay clearance)

Dead Rats":1pegj0ms said:
trek_y":1pegj0ms said:

aye, but you can swap them to correct chainline if necessary (although this may offset your crank arm / chainstay clearance)

The non drive side cup is shallower with less threads the drive side cup. So if you run two spacers on the NDS and one on the DS then there aren't many threads engaged on the NDS.

Back