Boardman CX Team vs. Genesis Croix de Fer

Interesting review, ta very much.

It's not like I'm going to be doing any racing on it just yet, but the thought had crossed my mind, and 3lbs is 3lbs..

Might pop into LBS on saturday and see what they say

So, dragging this thread back up.

Had a chat with LBS's, none of them can do a sneaky and get the Boardman for me. I took myself to one side and had gave myself a good talking to. Whether this resulted in me realising that the Genesis is actually going to be more appropriate for what i plan to do with it, the fact that my missus prefers it (and will ride it too) or that this is all just me in denial :LOL: and that the Boardman is a pipe dream.

As it happens, I'm actually quite excited about the CdF now :) Rather frustratingly though, none of them (save one) are prepared to get a one in for me to test drive. I find this very depressing.

Hopefully I should be getting a call today from a shop near chichester taking delivery of one for me to try and hopefully buy, and this time they are on the scheme! :roll: I suspect this will take a while now though, as apparently they are in somewhat limited supply...

I will keep you posted

Ha!

I have been looking at it Gus..it is rather nice, however, i can't buy it on the C2W scheme....

Sinnett177 has a Croix de Fer and he seems to really like it. So much in fact that he's copied the geometry to the road frameset he's been building.

Drop him a line for some info.

I might just do that dude, thanks.

I had a little play on one this evening, Green Rabbit picked me up in littlehampton and we wandered over to the most amazing bike shop in the world </clarkson>

Barreg in Fishbourne...just amazing. crazy amounts of bikes, everywhere, stuffed in to this tiny little space. Every time you turn around you're scared of starting some kind of domino wave off, it was like nothing I've ever seen before. Every kind of bike from the very bottom to the uber top of the range, fantastic...but i digress.

The bike felt good. I'm a little concerned that it's a shade on the small side, but there was a short stem on it, and the seat wasn't set quite right, and aside from all that, i'm used to a mtb position, not road. TGR did say it looked a bit small under me however...

The problem is not having a 54cm to compare it to, unlike the Boardman, of which i tried both. The geometry of the two bikes are fairly similar, so i know that whilst the 54 felt good, the 52 felt better, so I've kind of got my fingers crossed that this is the same deal for the Genesis..the difference in the geometry is in the single digit mm's

Overall, i was impressed with the ride, it felt much more forgiving than my Alu SS commuter (that'd be the 725 steel then..) the position felt tight when on the drops, perfectly stretched on the hoods and nicely upright on the top of the bars, and it was fast...hehe, really fast.

I got them to right up a quote for me, so hopefully i should be taking delivery within three weeks.

convert? not yet, but i doubt it will be long :cool:

Have you decided then? Couldn't live with the creaky BB on my old Boardman, get the CdF and stick a Hope BB on, perfect!

Trevor.

Latest posts

Back