Black Country Members

what sort of postcode area are we talking here? might even try and get over for the recce depending on date

Oh - and see that building at the end? That used to be a cafe that did. Yum. Sat there plenty of times head to foot in mud, in the rain, munching kit kats and laughing about whatever didn't just kill us. :)

Daj
This one B62 0NL, but easy to find on Google Maps. We'll have to sort something out...My knee pending!...M5 Junction 4 for Waseley Hills start. Which is about 5-10Mins Tops off the junction North Bound.

Just had a google myself and that postcode comes up for the farm at the top of Hagley Wood Lane.

I've just been looking at that route and trying to figure out which bits I recognise. I'm not sure I've ever been to Wasley Hills although I've cycled all around there in my youth. Would be a very easy start point for people to find coming off at junction 4.

Could meet at my mom and dad's place? Right next to the bypass (straight road to get there from J 3 / M5) - two minutes ride off the estate and you're at the bottom of the St Kenelms side, also nice long straight road with lots of free parking. Used to take me about 30 / 35 mins to get from there to the four stones (top of Clent Hill, for those that don't know the area). Failing that could do the Fox Hunt at the end of the bypass - again, couple of minute ride to the lanes (or extra minute or two to the 'warm up climb' - ha flipping ha) and have a big car park.

Last time I went near it I think that the car park at the top of clent was pay and display. Gits.

OK, next date I have clear is Sunday 5th Feb. Also gives me a couple of weeks to try and clear the remainder of this stupid virus that's been hanging around since Christmas and also get on the trainer and try and get my heart used to beating [at a half decent rate] again.

Anyone fancy it? :)

If Chris is in then could be a good few local heads to nail a route. I'll have to keep it fluid though as knee pending. May not make it out of the car park...Looking a bit further into OS Maps last night. I'd feel a bit guilty dragging Dave over from Gloucestershire for a few hundred Metres of Bridleway & then loads of lane, so let's see if we can nail a route first...

claret73":wkt6v531 said:
If Chris is in then could be a good few local heads to nail a route. I'll have to keep it fluid though as knee pending. May not make it out of the car park...Looking a bit further into OS Maps last night. I'd feel a bit guilty dragging Dave over from Gloucestershire for a few hundred Metres of Bridleway & then loads of lane, so let's see if we can nail a route first...

Fine with me :D I will wait for the final product and make it a monthly region ride after all thats what they are there for getting out and about in our region enjoying each others local loops ...Be good

Dave
Just read that back & it looks like we're deafing you out!!! Sorry Mate! Not intended. You're more than welcome if you're itching to have a ride out. Just would feel rubbish if it turned into chasing our tails looking for a different bit of bridleway we haven't already come down, which can happen at Clent...
I'll know more on my knee status in a week or 2 & keep in touch with the others, so will post up here or in a new thread when something is sorted...

Back