Raleigh 753 TEAM Banana Ex pro rider Resto complete

I'm sure I've got a photo of Dave Rayner riding that (or a similar machine), I'll see if I can dig it out over the weekend :)

Nice bike, I like that a lot! :cool:

wow, looks great ... possibly too good to use in anger
surprised they (he) wasnt on clipless pedals by '89

pic

RooKilo":lv9p3oof said:
I'm sure I've got a photo of Dave Rayner riding that (or a similar machine), I'll see if I can dig it out over the weekend :)

was it this one

Attachments

• 3995071365_351fa1999a_z.jpg
    3995071365_351fa1999a_z.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 4,722
Re: pic

nick1968":2svmllj8 said:
RooKilo":2svmllj8 said:

was it this one

No, an actual photo taken at a race (Welwyn Garden City prologue I think).

Lovely bike and a great advert. Some names to conjure with there as they say. Chris Walker races Superbikes these days and can be seen on the telly sometimes. Jonny Clay is with British Cycling, Adrian Timmis is a member here and a coach/consultant, I think Chris Lillywhite is still involved with the sport. Dave Mann was in Australia? Not sure about Tim Harris and Steve Douce but I'm sure they can't be far away from bikes.

...is that aq Raleigh Banana in your pocket or

...I knew there was a Banana related pun in there somewhere. Terrific bike. Is that the original paint and stickers, or have you had it restored?

frame

The decision to restore the frame did come with a heavy heart,i know there is much debate on restoration and originality.However the end result feels i went down the right route for me.All the decals were photographed and measured accordingly prior to the repaint and replaced as original.Ill drop a few pics of the frame prior to resto.

Attachments

• DSC00055.JPG
    DSC00055.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 2,749
  • DSC00060.JPG
    DSC00060.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,749
  • DSC00062.JPG
    DSC00062.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 2,749
  • DSC00057.JPG
    DSC00057.JPG