BIGFOOT Smokestone 1993 (now NeilM's)

Love this - one of the best looking estays ever IMHO. Much prefer it over a Funk or Alpinestars - the geometry and tube sizes just look so right.

How do they last - are they pretty durable machines? Also does anyone have one of the Bigfoot bolt on suspension systems still? Would be ace to see one as I remember the ads way back and thought they looked pretty sweet.

Cheers Rob, mine has got 2 replaceable rear mech hanger dropouts & we can't figure out why! might have been to attach the suspension gizmo !

Tc

Rob Atkin":38pj74ii said:
How do they last - are they pretty durable machines?

I dont want to temp fate but I have 2 nasty dents and no cracks! Seems pretty durable and the welds are great! :D

Day off today So decided to nitromors the old power coat off!
Absolutely nothing happened left it on for half an hour & no blistering! But it has stained the existing paint green!
So ended up taking the Zaskar for a thrash to get rid of pent up rage!

Tc

Tc":jbsll7ku said:
Day off today So decided to nitromors the old power coat off!
Absolutely nothing happened left it on for half an hour & no blistering! But it has stained the existing paint green!
So ended up taking the Zaskar for a thrash to get rid of pent up rage!

Tc

ah the new Nitromors is rubbish they had to remove the active ingredient and now it doesn't remove the paint typical
have a dig around local garden centers and hardware shops they might still have some of the old stuff

Some great nostalgia in this thread, the frame should look better once back to raw. Try pre-roughing the paint with some emery paper. Then Nitromors again.

I have an anodised Red Ozone Oxygen frame here for a build up soon.

I have a review of one of these in an old mag somewhere, i'm sure it explains about the rear suspension thing too.

will dig it out but it will be monday at the earliest if your interested ;)

Charlieboy28":2rgwtf31 said:
I have a review of one of these in an old mag somewhere, i'm sure it explains about the rear suspension thing too.

will dig it out but it will be monday at the earliest if your interested ;)

Look forward to that!
& if you want you want move it on ;)

Tc

Few parts update

a99fa02b.jpg

bcc27f64.jpg

9c562fb7.jpg

2691bee2.jpg

97caf6f7.jpg

5859cff3.jpg

46fe5f55.jpg

Tc

Looking forward to watching this progress. Should build into a tidy ride looking at the parts your collecting for it. Gotta love a nice estay. :cool:

Back