Ekimov's bike

Rich34":364iokpo said:
Fantastic bit of info that! Just off out to the garage to see if my Bianchi has FC-1-49 stamped on it anywhere... :LOL:

The notation was typical for Peter Post team bikes, so also the TI Raleighs and Panasonic Raleighs. I do not know whether it includes the Merckx' and Colnagos that were raced a couple years.

toomski":19c3nu27 said:
Mel - well jel !!!!

What size is that frame ??

... brilliant bit of kit that...

I think 56cm c-t. Will check.

@all
Thanks for the kind words on the bike :)

Nice that.

I'm trying desperately hard not to get the road retro bug; but BITD the Panasonic team and bikes seemed so cool. Eric Vanderaerden vs Sean Kelly....ahh.

tintin40":32m5nl26 said:
Like that a lot. What does it weigh :)

I do not know. The kit is very light, but I can't give exact weight for frame & fork alone atm.

Atm I am busy preparing my other Panasonic PR-6000 for upcoming spring/summer :) It gets a full overhaul. When I removed the guide for the shiftcables under the bracket, I encountered a serial (I always assumed it didn't have one :roll: ) :

DZ-3-92

Dimitri Zhdanov's 3rd bike for the 1992 season

So both my bikes belonged to Russians :shock:

Elev12k":1hgxw2r1 said:
I already knew one of my PR-6000’s was an ex-team bike and I assumed the other (mint) example was a ’regular off the shelf’ PR-6000. Only this morning, when giving the disassembled bike a thorough clean, I paid attention to the serial: VE-3-91. That is the typical notation for a Post/Legrand team bike: VE’s (initials of rider) 3rd bike for 1991 season. After a quick search on the internet I learnt that Viatchelav Ekimov was member of the Sportlife-Panasonic team in 1991 and that he were the only one with initials VE. So, seems it is Ekimovs bike.

:) That's a very nice PR-6000 in excellent condition. I haven't yet riden my PR-6000 a lot as it still needs some work on the drive train.

Back