The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 90's TREK ZX8000, looking for an opinion on value!

flower":2h78nfbo said:
I hope I've posted in the right section this time!!

I've decided to sell my old super lightweight TREK ZX8000 bonded aluminum mountain bike. Bought from Mud Dock in Bristol for £1000 back then!
It's the more attractive brushed aluminum version with yellow decals

It's pretty much original apart from a few mods made for my wife, like larger padded saddle, h/bars and it's had a new back wheel.

Trouble is I don't know how much to sell it for, I've looked for comparable models on line and found zilch. So I thought I'd ask the forum if anyone has an idea of value, is it desirable and if anyone is interested in it.

It's been in my garage hardly used for the past 10 years!

Thanks in advance!

I've added some photos of the bike, please excuse the saddle and pedals :oops:
When I changed my bike, I modified this one for my wife to use, but alas it's the wrong size for her and it's too small for me. It is a great bike, super responsive.
The frame size is 17"

Attachments

• IMG00162-20120117-1154.jpg
    IMG00162-20120117-1154.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,567
Dont know if this helps I paid 17 quid for a bonded 92 8000 but it was no way original and a dog looks nice now though and I paid 65 for a mint unused 91 8onded 6000 from a bike shop through ebay when I collected it from the store the guy wasnt happy and said he could of got double that if he had put it out the front of his shop so. Based on that I would have thought between 200 and 250 sounds anbout right but I think its one of those things that are worth more by hanging on to them and using or giving to me and I can use it :D

This is the problem, I was a massive BMX fan in the late 70's and 80's and had many different bikes to include a Curtis Freestyler, DP Firebird Freestyler and multiple Diamond Backs all of them used and abused and I now constantly kick myself when I see the value of these bikes and the huge following old school BMX has!
I'm considering keeping the TREK and doing it up for my son to use when he's older, but he will most likely say it's not like the new bikes the other kids are riding!! and want a new one. You can't win ;)

1997 Fat Chance Team Yo Eddy in Chameleon Green Full XTR etc

I have a M/L Yo Eddy, kitted out with full M952 XTR drivetrain, (still on original rings and cassette and cranks with no rub) Pace RC36 Pro Class II forks, Ringle Stem & Seatpost, Easton CT2 carbon bars and Mavic 317 Disc rims on Hope Ti glide hubs, with retrofit Hope C2 Discs; whats a ballpark figure for such a high spec (though youthful) beast?

campagnola

Have a set of Campagnola 8 speed bullet grip shifts from 1997 i think.
Have these and proshift gripshft, may sell campagnola, but have no idea what they might be worth.
Regards John.

Re: 1997 Fat Chance Team Yo Eddy in Chameleon Green Full XTR

SwanHouseNappa":29i8gtag said:
After much umming and ahhing, not to mention tooing and froing, I think I may try and get shot of these Red 2.1 Z-Max WCS.

main.php

They have covered a grand total of about eight miles, when curiosity got the better of me, but truth be told I just don't like the look of them.
I have seen equally daft looking tyres, (White Porcs etc.) go for stupid money.
Are these worth stupid money?

And no saying "nah mate, about a fiver, can't give 'em away. I'll take 'em off your hands though..."

Thanks in advance.

Not stupid money, (yet?), but still worth a good amount in good nick; I've seen them go for $75 to $125 usd for a set.

jivehoneyjive":29i8gtag said:
I have a M/L Yo Eddy, kitted out with full M952 XTR drivetrain, (still on original rings and cassette and cranks with no rub) Pace RC36 Pro Class II forks, Ringle Stem & Seatpost, Easton CT2 carbon bars and Mavic 317 Disc rims on Hope Ti glide hubs, with retrofit Hope C2 Discs; whats a ballpark figure for such a high spec (though youthful) beast?

Some of those parts will have great appeal to some, while others to others, but as you have it, it does not appeal to one group. Does that make sense?
Basically, your best bet is to part it out; parting it out, you can probably see $1000 USD, give or take a hundred, depending on condition....maybe more.

GT Backwoods - Late 90s

I've acquired my dad's old GT which he's used well and has been recently serviced by me and is in near poerfect rideable condition. (He currently has 6 or 7 bikes and this is bottom of the pecking order so either I took it or it was going to the skip, bless him. My mum has 4 bikes which she deems "enough" - my folks rock!) However he's a short-arse and although I think it's an 18.5" frame it feels too small for me. (My Trek hardtail is a 21" IIRC)

It's mostly STX bits, solid forks, weighs 11.2kg on my fishing scales (only a gnat's more than my roadie! :roll: ) and is finished in that orangey/rust metallic paint.

I'd love to swap it for similar but bigger, but failing that it's going to have to get sold (to a hopefully appreciative home). And I've not a clue what sort of price to ask. At all. Hence being on here.

IMAG1019 by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr

IMAG1020 by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr

IMAG1021 by Tony Lloyd, on Flickr

TBH I'd like to keep the wheels at least, but it'd be a shame to break it up if it could find a good home - it's so original and well looked-after.

Any suggestions very much welcome!

Cheers

Tony

Hi chap, Looks like a 1996 Backwoods? Have to check that though.

If you offer postage then you'd get more, I sold my farme only 1997 for £50 including seatcollar, post, bars, headset etc.

I have been looking at a few since (as I regret selling mine :roll: ) and they tend to go about £80-100 full bike. The parts are ok but not really that rare or high end so splitting wont make you any more in my opinion. You could keep the wheels and sell rest for £80-100 anyway if you offer postage I reckon.

Hope that helps.

Completed ones recently - £30 no bids! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-Backwoods- ... 2ebac7fa5f

And sold for £55 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-backwoods- ... 1c22a6b125

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Mavic X517 SUP, 32H silver pair.

Looking for the value of a near-perfect pair of Mavic X517 SUP in silver.

32H, stickers good, no damage, little use etc.

Any idea how much they're worth? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back