PACE rip off!

I soo want to own a pace, I'm on the lookout but you see a lot of disc only frames, not many of the earlier ones. Flamejobs looks lovely.
I think the reason they had to change is the rc200 were only sold to a very niche market. What would have been nice is if they could have made the new frame overseas but kept up the production of the rc200 frames in the UK as a higher end product. Its a business though in the end.

Since I first threw a leg over an RC100 I was in love.
It was in Teignmouth from Chris Hopkins Cycles (who I was later sponsored by). It flew. So quick and stiff. Innovative and sweet to look at.
Took on the old engineering thang 'if it looks right', and it did.

It seemed to get diluted a touch over the years, but was still very nice to look at. Sadly never owned one, come close a few times.

I feel Pace are a company I WANT to like, but can't help feeling things have gone a bit awry. Why stop making rings and hubs? They were the dogs at the time. Bars? Ok some broke, but they were light. Forks are mostly good IME.

Times change, fashions change, Pace have changed. Forks are their cash cow now. Freeride rad doods who look like they can huck bus shelterz is whers itz at.
The RC100 will always be a classic though.

Back