road Bike of The Month Jan 2012 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aende 531

I'll chuck in my Aende 531c blue beauty bike. Frameset handbuilt by the maestro himself- Pongo Braithwaite in 1985.

I've Spec'd it in mostly 600ex components with Cinelli 1a stem and Giro D' Italia bars. Rims are mavic module 2's.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Attachments

• SNV36865 (640x480).jpg
    SNV36865 (640x480).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,315
  • SNV36872 (640x480).jpg
    SNV36872 (640x480).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,315
Just a small little reminder that there should only be two photos per bike presented. I believe the reason behind this is to encourage the owners to at the same time open a separate thread dedicated to the specific bike where many more photos can be displayed. If there is a specific thread dedicated to your bike, it makes it far easier in future to find information about your bike than to wade through teh bike of the month threads.

Citoyen du monde":16x12a69 said:
Just a small little reminder that there should only be two photos per bike presented. I believe the reason behind this is to encourage the owners to at the same time open a separate thread dedicated to the specific bike where many more photos can be displayed. If there is a specific thread dedicated to your bike, it makes it far easier in future to find information about your bike than to wade through teh bike of the month threads.

Sorry done :LOL:

Re: Empella Turbo cyclocross

fritzlite":2m5ttejc said:
....dont know year, or tube-set, but guessing its a early 90`s mayby late 80´s(?).. and tubeset could be 531c...

These double-seatstays Empella's were already seen early 80's on the crosses in the Netherlands by me. A front mech wasn't possible. But at that time it was more common to ride with a single chainring (with on each side a prtecting ring). Nevertheless revolutionary at that time... Lateron I can remember also Superia (Belgium) did simular...

Citoyen du monde":2ddugzr7 said:

Duly diminished.

Retro Road Bike of the Month

I'm putting in my newly completed 1996 GT Edge.....

Thanks

Attachments

• GT Edge V2.jpg
    GT Edge V2.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 948
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back