1988 (ish) Paul Donohue - fillet brazed

So what colour would you do it then? Make my day..

• Petrol Bluey colour (sort of like the Drum tobacco pouch?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange

• Light blue

• Silver

• Deep indigo/purple

• Dark Green

• Red

• Lighter 'leaf' like green

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
+1 for fade job. filet brazed and fade jobs, peas in a pod. the ones sinnerman has posted up previoisly are very nice.

All he colours you have listed sound nice, i do agree with other members, it needs to display the fillet nicely, and if possible might be nice to see a fade paint job i must admit......but what ever you do decide to do, im sure it will look cool...... :cool:

So much for the poll...looks like I may have to save up a bit more and go for a fade then, I did kind of like the idea in the first place to be honest :oops:

I suppose the next question is what colours to do the fade in then? I have to say the red/white/blue is becoming really quite appealing with white stem/forks, blue middle and red towards the rear triangle, but I'm open to suggestions.

First bit of additional (replacement) M730 also came in the post today :D

Attachments

• IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 926
Paul built my first Single Speed MTB frame back in 1999 which I rode back in the first days of the single speed "explosion" and then raced in the SSWC 2001 event down in Afan

Things moved on and I ran a couple of alloy Single speeds while everyone else moved onto the On-one Inbreds

By 2005 I wanted to try a 29"er and again went back to Paul, he built me a lovely steel 29"er with an EBB so I could run it both single speed and geared, outside of the odd Fisher it was one of the first 29"ers, I remember the SSUK event that year down at Thetford, the looks on peoples faces as you "walked away" from them on the fire roads, there really was something in the whole 29"er thing ;)

Shortly after the 29"er was built Paul moved away from the framebuilding and into Signs!

I haven't been in touch for a while now so I'm not sure what he's up to

..and yes, I have got his decals on file ;)

img68.jpg

Great stuff gil, looks like the decals are definitely covered one way or another then! Interesting to know where PD is now...it seems the website hasn't been up and running for a while :(

anymore thoughts on paintwork choices since putting up the poll...?

sinnerman":1miaptlg said:

Indeed I have...and I've decided where it should really be taken to in order to have it done..I'm keeping schtum for now mind you but I think that the result will be worth it ;)

In terms of bits it's been a bit slow going, mainly as I've been well busy at work and cash flow has been a bit tight. I'll keep cracking on a bit at a time mind you :)

mynchiboy":350cnube said:
sinnerman":350cnube said:

Indeed I have...and I've decided where it should really be taken to in order to have it done..I'm keeping schtum for now mind you but I think that the result will be worth it ;)

In terms of bits it's been a bit slow going, mainly as I've been well busy at work and cash flow has been a bit tight. I'll keep cracking on a bit at a time mind you :)

Mate i do like a good surprise..., :cool:

I will look forward to this..., i dont think you can do wrong though to be fair.

:cool:

Back