OVERBURYS.

swos":39vlsgr6 said:
Great bike and a cracking colour scheme

Thanks SWOS , its bright and colour wise clearly late eighties and showing where paint colours for mountain bikes were heading...the naughty 90s and the dayglow era....lol....... :cool:

Retro_Roy":9ryk7kdw said:
merry christmas
it's no brodie......... :LOL:
but a sweet ride none the less.
and you sound happy.
that is what counts.
looking forward to the build thread.
all the best of the new year.
roy

Thanks Roy.. ;) (keep me posted on brodie developments wont you.)

You are right though, its no Brodie......, lol...., but it is an Overburys..., similar yet so different... :cool:

Overburys were untill last year a small shop building bicycle frames in the south of England in a little town called Bristol, and they had done so for roughly 100 years, and gained some great successes in the early days of the U.K mountain bike scene.

example...MAN v HORSE v BIKE

THE THREE PEAKS....(Winning Best bike)
And..1st and 2nd place podium finishers

World Championship (second british rider, FRANCE)

NORBA championships.

and the FAT TYRE FIVE CHAMPIONSHIPS.

IMHO this may not amount to much by todays standards, but back in the day, when things were still quite new to us, (especially here in the uk) for a small traditional english frame builder to start building THE NEW MOUNTAIN BIKE, and achieve such levels of success, you cant do anything but admire there them.

fwiw, i really feel they had there ups and downs, but then the Frame builders did suffer here in the uk for lots of reasons, (you only need to chat to Dave LLoyd to realise that) they have a cult following and i suppose have always remained quite underground really...but that cult following is deserved in my book...., at least for having enough will to fight to there bitter end.....!!! More fight than the GREAT BITISH BULLDOG.......LMAO.

Attachments

• the models..png
    the models..png
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,338
  • british_bull.jpg
    british_bull.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,333
  • overbury pioneer.jpg
    overbury pioneer.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,331
Gotta love the Dukes Riddler!
4d361a4c.jpg

Tc

some more details....of the base spec"d Exage model.

....as advertised in the midst of the price wars, and the whole debate on a true handbuilt english frame, and a brand from england sourcing in the far east, and assembling in england... :shock:

Attachments

• overburymbiker19880002sml_110.jpg
    overburymbiker19880002sml_110.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 1,303
  • overburymbiker19880001sml_969.jpg
    overburymbiker19880001sml_969.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 1,303
a really good read if you fellas havent seen it before...oops 6 pages.. :oops:

Attachments

• p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 1,297
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 1,298
  • p.2.jpg
    p.2.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 1,297
  • uk builders.jpg
    uk builders.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,297

Attachments

• p.6.jpg
    p.6.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 1,291
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 1,291
Ok.....i know there has probably been threads in the past, but id like to hear from any members who have any photographs, mag reviews, news paper clippings, in fact any info at all on the .......................................

....."MAN v HORSE v BIKE".....race events, inparticular those early years,

Some more info and pics of Jacquie Phelan racing would be fabulous, (a big fan of hers, and her achievements over the years, and our very own Poster girl for Muddy Fox back in the day) as well as any further info on the riders/racers using the Overburys Pioneer model too...in fact anything and everything is welcome.

The Pic below, im sure is very relevant to some of us.....It was an Iconic advert for me, that was something that has always stayed with me, and perhaps was the catalyst for me to actually become a MUDDY FOX owner bitd.

This Photograph, was taken in Wales after The MAN v HORSE v BIKE race had finished.

Attachments

• MUDDY FOX..jpg
    MUDDY FOX..jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,019
We_are_Stevo":2g33ujth said:
Great content there, I'm sure I should have been doing something else SWMBO would consider far more important while I read through the whole lot... :LOL:

A consequent link for any who haven't come across it yet: http://jacquiephelan.wordpress.com/about/

Cheers for that stevo, get your misses more involved bud, that way no grief, and we could all do with more female riders.... :cool:

Cheers posting the link too....,

P.s im really feeling your saracen, particularly the colour and build choices, Ritchey was a spot on choice imho.. :cool:

Latest posts

Back