my bike

jordanretrobike98

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
hi was wondering if any one can help me on wat my frame is its got a number witch is 73 stamp nar where the seat goes i and a number on the back of the drop outs witch is 851544 and the stickers on the frame is pennine marlboro but not sure if that it acutally it one of the coz can find no info about them no where

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,282
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,282
73 is probably the angle of the lug, the number possibly indicates a 1985 build, Marlboro were a bike supplier in the 80's. I don't think it's anything particularly special but should build up into a reasonable bike. Not sure of the 'Pennine' connection though unless Pennine Cycles in Bradford originally sold it. Where does it say Pennine on the frame?

Unless of course Marlboro had a model they called the 'Pennine'.

I had one of these in 1985

It was nicked from my garden in Malvern 5 years ago and I was gutted. It was ace. Here's some info I remember:
It had black foam - padded drop handlebars from new with brake-extender levers for the top part of the bars - all aluminium, no covers.
Huret dérailleurs and shifters.
Friction shifters on the down tube - of course!
A rack - chrome.
Chrome wheels with big 700C amber-walled tyres.
Heavy!
Aluminium mudguards with a sort of plastic cover to keep it clean from factory - I never peeled them off!
Toe cages.
Black padded touring saddle - no springs.
Hope that helps.

Spell checker? My post? I'm not suggesting the OP nicked it!! Blimey!
Edit - just read my original post and because the 'Subject' sentence doesn't really show itself my message looks horribly like I'm accusing the OP of the crime!
I hang my head in shame at such a slight/sleight (delete as will suit your spelling-pleasure).
My bike was a total wreck when it was half-inched actually but new it was, well, new. The lettering had come off and the frame rusty.
Loved it though. Used to go touring around the local area with my mum (who still has her Raleigh Cameo 3-speed).
Edit again - still can't see what I spelled wrong! Peeled? Not pealed surely? I didn't commit the your/you're error of fame.

Sorry, that came out wrong from me.....I meant the original post seems to be in text speak, which winds me up completely.....my grammar isn't always correct, but I have a good go!

And secondly, I did think you were saying that the frame was nicked from you.....if that was the case, would it still be yours?

Not being nosy, but bike theft winds me up more than text talk!

And I was tired and grouchy when I typed that up there^^^^

;)

Ha! Honestly don't worry. Yes bike theft is my hobby-horse too. Wouldn't it be nice to just leave one's bike without having to lock it?
In a hankering after my old Pennine I've bought an old Coventry Eagle for which I'm gradually finding the right bits to make it look 1950's 'tourer' style.
What would I need to do to make it look right? It's for a sort of living history thing I'm doing.

Back