1993 Answer Manitou System FS

Personally I would strip all the parts off for other projects leaving the frame, headset and forks and then either have it as wall art or honestly disclose the cracks and ebay it starting at 99cents and see where it goes.

Definite Garage Queen; take it out on bright sunny days and just sit there and gaze at it, with a long cold drink in one hand and your favourite-filling crusty roll in the other... :cool:

No euphemisms intended!

I'd drill the ends of the cracks and ride it until you dare not ride it any more!

May as well enjoy it for the rest of its life :D

(It can hang on the wall when its properly dead)

We_are_Stevo":3g45r58j said:
Definite Garage Queen; take it out on bright sunny days and just sit there and gaze at it, with a long cold drink in one hand and your favourite-filling crusty roll in the other... :cool:

No euphemisms intended!

This!

Thanks for the comments gents.

Here's the thing, all my classic machines must be ride/driveable.
I'll keep posting pictures as I go through the process.

Sit back, enjoy the show ;) :D

Cheers,

Timothy

i would find an engineering workshop and get their input, my gt rts cracked around the steer tube, my local engineering firm is going weld the cracks and they seem to think there wont be any future problems. I wanted to replace the steer tube with a new tube, but no one was interested, so had to go with the welding option, but i did speak to 3 firms and they all said the same thing.
one guy on here replied to my thread and said his friend had the same bike as you and that had cracked, he got the cracks welded several years ago and has had no problems since.
lets be honest you cant have a bike like that just to stick on the wall and look at, after all if you find the right people most things can be repaired.

I've been speaking to(harassing) all my engineer friends about this bike.
I'm now thinking I'll weld it first and see how that goes.
If it cracks again I'll section out the top tube, down tube and head tube. then replace them and heat treat it.

Cheers,

Timothy

Back