a classic bike for everyday! marin pine mountain is finished

Re: Wow!

fliier":5hc34fwe said:
.. What are you doing for a wheel set?
well the only thing I don't like from xt-737 group, are the hubs! so I'd rather take the fh-m732 and hb-m730 with araya rims

mpm30.jpg

I'm eager to see it completely built up bud.. Not sure about the P2's imo but it's your ride :cool:

Think i bid on that seat on the bay too :?

Rich

FWIW I think those P2s look fantastic on the Marin frame. Good choice. I'm putting some Specialized Direct Drive forks on my Overbury's as I think the original forks are bent. As long as it's more or less period and what we might have done back in the day...

My favourite ( 737 ) drivetrain but with spindly, Old Skool hubs. That's how I'd like to build it! Lovely bike and an inspiring thread, keep the photos coming mate.

Re: a classic bike for everyday! marin pine mountain is fini

Nader":3v8ifijk said:
Hi!

today only frame, more tomorrow! ...just enjoy it :D

mpm01.jpg

I never realized just how nice the welds were on those old Marins. That is a very nice bike. Good luck

Re: a classic bike for everyday! marin pine mountain is fini

Rich34":5fy7ezze said:
FWIW I think those P2s look fantastic on the Marin frame. Good choice....
;) ;)
this Marin with the P2 fork not only looks fantastic but also drives well. It's much more agile.

mpm31.jpg

cs1":5fy7ezze said:

I never realized just how nice the welds were on those old Marins. That is a very nice bike..
But not all old Marins had this beautiful welds!

today the cockpit :D

mpm32.jpg

mpm33.jpg

mpm34.jpg

mpm35.jpg

That's beautiful - probably the nicest Marin I've seen. And it isn't even finished yet... :shock:

That is looking lovely in a cool, understated, clean, get down to business kinda way :cool:

nice one nader! your pictures (again :D ) really make it even more enjoyable...

what tires are you putting on this one?

Back