The no name Chinese carbon road bike (modern content)

http://www.bustedcarbon.com/

Best stay away from pretty much every company producing carbon components today if anyone's worried about failure!

Otherself - nice build, i'm currently torn between building up a "modern" carbon framed bike or a "retro" steel framed job, as this is retrobike i'll have to admit it's swaying towards steel, but every time I see anice carbon self-build it puts more doubt in my mind!

J

Chineeese carbon

jimo746":3c8by0m4 said:
I've often see these carbon frames on ebay and wondered what they were like, now I've seen your build I'm highly tempted to go for one. Did you encounter any problems at all either in shipping, packaging, or the quality & finish from the frame? (in the pics it looks stunning :D ).

mine has just arrived took 14 days, delivered by the post , no import duty.

the frame is simply stunning, looks like a Dogma with curly forks and stays in natural Carbon.

andy P will be 'tarting' it up for me before the build up.

Whereabouts did you order from? 169 isnt bad at all, tempted to try one out and build a SS just for shits and giggles.

chineeeees carbon

Broady":g3k88uzd said:
Whereabouts did you order from? 169 isnt bad at all, tempted to try one out and build a SS just for shits and giggles.

I bought mine from this firm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Brand-Ne ... 336b87a777

looks wonderfull in natural carbon weave just needs a set of cool transfers
remember to order a headset with it
the only problem I have is that the seat post is 30.9 not 31.6 so would wait till you get the frame and check the seat post size and seat clamp

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Got a friend who also got a China made CF frameset for about 470quid then spent another 170 to get it professionally painted... here is the finished bike

Attachments

• rickys-bike.jpg
    rickys-bike.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 2,047
diditte911":1aclljeu said:
Got a friend who also got a China made CF frameset for about 470quid then spent another 170 to get it professionally painted... here is the finished bike

Who sprayed it?

That is a very nice frame, I own the non ISP version. This particular frame is being sold by CIOCC/Somec/De Rosa amongst others.

Mine's completely white, no logos. Having to apply a paintjob to make it look like some brand... that's, well, pathetic really. Who are you trying to fool or what are you trying to pretend?

Back