Mercedes Gonzalez GT Psyclone

stauqmuk":1jvjn2ad said:
On the seatpost I'm going back to the long setback one because I like it best and it makes the bike comfortable.

Well color me wrong. I gave the extra long setback bmx post a shot and really wanted to like it, unfortunately its just not living up to my expectations. Something about the 6 inch offset made the ETT way too long, funny how that happens. For now I've gone back to the Kore one but am still on the lookout for something else.

The fork will be changing soon since my BMW finally came in so Shiver, Hammerschmidt and I dont know what wheelset are spoken for. In any case the Z1 now gets to take a turn in the lime light.

Z1 ('99 fork with '02 decals) installed and I changed the bars to GT branded risers. Took the bike out for a spin today and its fantastic.

Attachments

• 2012-01-18 15.36.43.jpg
    2012-01-18 15.36.43.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 739
  • 2012-01-18 19.15.03.jpg
    2012-01-18 19.15.03.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 739
  • 2012-01-18 19.13.23.jpg
    2012-01-18 19.13.23.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 739
stauqmuk":2pk84t8s said:
Took the bike out for a spin today and its fantastic.

and ultimately, that's what counts. Interesting build. Does the rear tire rubs the inside of the seat stays, at all?

Nope no rub problems, I was a bit worried cause they're 2.2s and just fit. I think there's about 2 millimeters on either side but the wheel is stiff enough that there are no rub marks at all inside the stays. I'd say that's about perfect.

Oh it's definitely a 97. By both the tubing used and the decals. You sure there's nothing on the BB for a serial number? Maybe like P97XX or XXX? Might possibly be under the BB cable guide. They were usually stamped on the under side of the BB along the driveside edge, many times filled with paint. You may need to get good light on it at an angle to see it.

Positive. Checked over the entire frame with my IR scope just for shits after I didn't find it the first time around. I did find every one of the teeny tiny imperfections in the paint but no stamp.

Back