98 Kona Kilaeua (Updated (again!))

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Neither did I when I first started out. but, just like here there are some great people on the DIY audio forums and plenty of great site's where you can learn stuff. The whole point of DIY Hi-Fi bodging is to try and get high end sound without paying the high end prices of factory built stuff. We either modify an allready decent peice of kit (Amps, CD players, DAC's etc) or build from scratch using kits.

For example, a few simple component upgrades in you amp and CD player can bring big gains in sound quality for a very modest outlay.

If you fancy dipping you toe in the water sign up at pinkfishmedia.com and I'll help you get started :)

(SORRY FOR MADLY OFF TOPIC POST!) :LOL:

New bits added to the drive train as the old ones were a bit naff really!

Sram PG850 12-23 Cassette and PC890 Chain. Think I'm done now. . . . . .

Attachments

• New Cassette.jpg
    New Cassette.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,274
Well after initially being used as a commuter I've finally got round to slinging all my old bits together to make a proper commuter. So some knobbly tyres have been fitted and a blast round the wolds today has reminded how much fun ridgid bikes can be! :D

Attachments

• Mud Meet Kona!.jpg
    Mud Meet Kona!.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 941
Thats a very classy looking ride, very nicely done with some great detailing.

I am gathering bits at the moment for my NOS Kona 1999 Explosif Reynolds 853 which is a dark grey colour. Like you I am going to add annodised bits in red. Just managed to get hold of a Hope ti rear hub like yours, took me a while to find a nice one in red and had to pay a mint for it, but I think its worth it. I like the red rear cassette locking ring, where did you get that from please?

Cheers folks. Lockring is a Token one. Got mine from Velosolo but I think CRC sell them now. Ebay certainly has them!

That looks great under all the mud, the ivory is very classy... though frankly I'm not sure there is any colour more vile than the original so you couldn't very well have made it worse!

Back