The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

I also like to play in the software once the pic has been taken, just to get something that looks good, it may not be a great photo but can be made into a nicer image. Here's one I was playing with using only the exposure and crop in the free Windows gallery.
The sun had just come over the fance, to the right, and lit the bike and the grass but not the path. The image is over brightened in Windows but when I took the photo I was looking over at the shadows and then towards the bike and it looked very bright before my eyes adjusted. Playing with these settings is how my eyes remember seeing it.

Kona%20041.jpg

that looks cool stew- problem with wditing is there is a tendency to go too far.

jamma - longer exposure is one way of doing it but yes, you will need a tripod, or at least set the camera up somewhere where it cant move and use a timer on the shutter.

It is easy to go OTT on the computer, and the screen you or others are viewing the pic on varies wildly. There's a lot to respect for a person with skills straight out of the camera.

The auto scene settings in my new camera really impress me, without much though they do a good job, for a non photographer.

You can see the other shots I took here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182427

Back