New member to the Zaskar family!

looks nice Sir, wouldn't mind seeing some closeup photos of her. Which shifters are you running? And is that 7 speed?

klasse":ebyromks said:
looks nice Sir, wouldn't mind seeing some closeup photos of her. Which shifters are you running? And is that 7 speed?

I believe they are the stock XT Rapid-Fire with Brake Lever integrated combo. Yes, it has a 7 speed cassette. Will try to post more detailed pictures later tonight.

Ben

Quality, I've had mine from new and when it started out it would have looked the same as yours (mine was badged 'LE').

18 years later and some 50,000 miles the frame still survives. I also blame this site for many things including the rebuild. Mine too also needs a rusty Flip-Flop stem repainting at some point. This one has GT bars but an XT seatpost instead of the original Kalloy.

I ditched my MAG 21 for rigids as I prefer it that way.

They do ride well compared to modern and if the rider is up to it, they will also embarrass the moderns too!

Here it is with later decals (the originals slid off during a very hot summer).

zaskar_update_127.jpg

BensterSD":3f1g5jwn said:
More detailed picture

Holy sh*t... WOW! I was waiting for a better picture. That's sooooo cool, I like Zaskars built up this way: no bling, XT and a MAG20/21.

And since I've sold my RTS-1 now I have the parts to build up my Zaskar too. A 1992 LE model, already have the U-Brake on, the rest is gonna be XT as well, XT cranks, XT wheels, XT brakes. ControlTech stem and seatpost (but I also have an XT one so maybe that goes on), True Temper handlebar, ControlTech skewers and of course a MAG20 or MAG21 fork (I have a few but they all need a service).

Anyway, that is one cool looking Zaskar... you ride it a lot?

Void(EN12-82)":1yzw1sj2 said:
BensterSD":1yzw1sj2 said:
More detailed picture

Anyway, that is one cool looking Zaskar... you ride it a lot?

Thanks for the kind comments! I do try to get out for a ride per weekend, or so, but my 2009 Stumpy FSR Pro tends to get most of the weekend warrier duties... :)

Nice bike Ben! I would love to ride my Zaskar in all that Cali custard powder dust you dudes have! Scotland is another story, so jealous... :cool: :cry:

Latest posts

Back