Curtlo Mountaineer 29er SS and now 1x9

Thanks and I'm sorry but the Kelly is already gone to a friend, and if he would no longer ride it I'll take it back.

I've changed a few things on it: saddle & grips and a 180 rear disc. First time I'm trying the Silicone ESI grips, curious how they will do on the tail.

Curtlo_025.jpg

Curtlo_022.jpg

Enjoy!!

True temper indeed, Ox Platinum IIRC, and cleaning the trail muck of it this afternoon with a brush, it has a really nice "ping" to it.

I have to say it again but the handling is sweet and for a rigid, it's quite a cushy ride too. What with a Ti post and big wheels it's hard to tell what the curved stays are contributing. Then again who cares if the sum of parts rides like it does :D :D :D

Enjoy!!

Recently I have converted the Curtlo to a 1x9 set-up, all you'll ever need really in the "Dutch mountains". The bike was set-up for a mate to have a go with the big wheels. Now my mate is a fair bit shorter than me but the Curtlo builds low and long. With a 70mm stem, conventional riser bar and a straight seatpost we fit him up fine, standover was good too. This is the result:

Curtlo_1x9_003.jpg

Curtlo_1x9_004.jpg

Once around our Sunday morning loop was all it took to convince my mate of the qualities of the big wheels, smooth and faast. I'm about to start a new Singlespeed build, but don't think I can let this one go. Who knows, next I might even fit suspension forks to it ....

Curtlo_1x9_001.jpg

Enjoy!!

Wity the SS duties now taken care of by the Pegasus, the Curtlo has been "suspended". Nice sunny 50km ride on Sunday with 10km road transit, quite comfortable.

Enjoy!!

Curtlo_Magic_007.jpg

Curtlo_Magic_002.jpg

Thanks and I'd class it as a Medium-Long or M-L. The top tube is 620mm for a seat tube of 460mm (centre-top) so that's an 18" frame with a 24.5" Top Tube.

Enjoy!!

Back