South West Retro Ride - Sunday 12th Feb '12 - Haldon Forest!

definitely no frowns (they're not 160's are they?)
Wonder if I know you from BITD? Find out on the 12th!

no its ok not 160s it had 80mm sids but just moved it to 100mm being a bit thick whats BITD? i hang out with exeter trail riders (find us on facebook)

aahhh see i have ridden woodbury since about 91 when i had a purple raleigh mirage with a lime green bottle cage which weighed 36 pounds!!!!!! i only recently gave it to my dad. Would love to race woodbury its changed so much since the 90s the quarry has really eaten into the place

Yep, I started up there in '90 on a lilac Saracen Traverse & swapped to a blue Trek 7000 the following year (steel was so 1980's!)
We did the last SW retro ride there - see the aftermath thread.

Ive gone over my ankle so going to miss this (again!)

Excuse the crap camera phone pic, just proving my ankle is swollen and im not just being soft (doesnt help my fitness issue either)

Attachments

• Ankle.jpg
    Ankle.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 364
I'm not going to have to cart that blue stem around for another month am I Coomber? Ice pack & blast it with Ibuprofen (28p in Lidl) & you should be ok for 12th Feb easy provided nothing is broken.

Ha! Well its been two weeks and is getting better. I will try my best, would like to go so I'll play it by ear.

I've had so many injuries I should buy Ibuprofen by the bucketload really. There has to be a time when I become immune to it I reckon.

Keep the stem as a spare anyway chap ;)

Back