A Saracen by any other name - very (new) pic heavy...

My best guess, A 531 tubed Carrera Quattro with a project 2 fork.

saronaii_316.jpg

Too easy: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73421

That is very cool saracen killi or carrera quarttro can't see it
On phone properly

Wow! :shock:

I hate working nights but, hey, needs must...

...so, there I was refuelling in Maidstone at half-past-Midnight en route to Folkestone when I thought I'd quickly log in and see how much interest there was in my thread;

Some great comments guys, and Dr C right on the button from the off :cool:

It is indeed one of these...

Quattro.jpg

...and as mikee said last August;

mikee":wr8ymccp said:
We_are_Stevo":wr8ymccp said:
I have the Saracen-framed e-stay version; I'll be posting some pix when it's finished... :cool:

look forward to seeing that stevo

...I don't suppose he'll mind me using his photo' of his stock framed/forked bike ;)

Mine, though, looks like this...

P1160172.jpg

Damn I love this bike! :cool:

It was listed on eBay as '...by Saracen' which was what caught my attention, and had a similar pic to this...

P1160178.jpg

...for confirmation.

Which immediately put the idea in my head of the 'lost Kili' from Saracen :idea:

As the frame was made for Carrera by Saracen, and at £699 with full XT in '92, was obviously no BSO I thought 'Why not?'

If Saracen made it BiTD, then I can remake it today - gazes Heavenwards in best Wayne Campbell stylee - "Oh yes"... :D

images.jpg

Having got the newly recoated frame and fork back home I pondered long and hard over what to call it :?: :? :?:

Owing to the colour and ones own personal history it very nearly became a 'Varsity', but that didn't quite have the ring to it I was after (...and was maybe a little too snobby even for me :LOL: ). After all, it looks reminiscent of the e-stay Kili and I wanted something along those lines.

Around about the same time I also started my own '94 Kili build ( http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=saracen ) and had to get on to gil_m for the requisite decals. While I was at it I asked if he could do me two sets but edit one of them for me? As usual he came up trumps and I can't thank him enough :D

Gentlemen (and the occasional Lady...), I present to you...

P1160224.jpg

the...

P1160197.jpg

...wait for it ;)

P1160198.jpg

TA-Daaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's a 'play on words' for those wot don't get it... :LOL:

Well, I like it...

P1160191.jpg

...which is kind of an understatement actually :cool:

Gruff":37ic0l84 said:
I don't care what it is, it looks great without decals & i bet it rides even better :cool:

You're a good bloke anyway Gruff, but you'll never want for a drink in my company with that comment... :cool:

Here it is in all its unPhotoshop'd glory...

P1160193.jpg

...ride wise, if Kona made an e-stay this is what it would probably ride like;

Fast, responsive and direct :D

Carrera used to make some great bikes and they were excellent value for money, this and the older Quattro (regular frame with DB style smoke paintjob) were the standouts for me.
Must get on and start my own Kili Flyer.

Carl.

Back