Shamus

BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Here is what I bought yesterday.
I´m not quit sure what to do with it.
It has full XTR M900 group in very good condition!
Frame has no dents, but it´s been repainted. Originally been horizon linear fade.
It´s 1992 model.

So give me your ideas?

Klein.jpg

agreed with both parties above,

looks nice though, is it a professional paint job or rattlecan - always hard to tell with black.

We have talked about this already, but I thought to write down some thoughts so that others can comment too...

1. Easiest option: put on white Klein decal set and ride.
2. Get it painted with a solid color, like pearl white.
3. Get it painted with a linear color fade. Moonrise or Gator replica would be nice.
4. Team Storm but it could be difficult and might not necessarily look like it's supposed to.

Eddie_The_Head":13cw8slq said:
Kick the teeth in of the numpty that sprayed it black for a start..... :evil:

Maybe the one who got it painted was afraid to be labeled as gay because of the partially pink bike :p Or it was a defensive action against theft...

if it is a rattle can job or a not too high end pro paint try to remove the paint with paint thinner. the original klein paints are very tough and wont be harmed by normal paint thinner. there may be a nice original paint underneath that's not even faded because it was protected. try it at a not too visible place first.
otherwise go ride it!

carsten

Carsten":3t2do0mx said:
if it is a rattle can job or a not too high end pro paint try to remove the paint with paint thinner. the original klein paints are very tough and wont be harmed by normal paint thinner. there may be a nice original paint underneath that's not even faded because it was protected. try it at a not too visible place first.
otherwise go ride it!

carsten

I was thinking that, never tought it´s even possible to try....
I really must try that first.

But, if it not work I will paint it again.
Pearl white would be nice or storm.
If I just find some nice painter who can do it and does´t cost fortune.

Back