The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

mrlee":ohub9373 said:
re. nw piss up just a quick idea but what about camping after the nw national meet in the lakes, im sure with enough beer and meat it wont be too cold :LOL:
plus it might entice others from a far if theres a group staying over there.

I was hoping to camp over and tackle Walna Scar Road the next day (early night for me then! :oops: ), or maybe Garburn on the way home, whatever anyone fancied really :)

elPedro666":1n0wljqg said:
mrlee":1n0wljqg said:
re. nw piss up just a quick idea but what about camping after the nw national meet in the lakes, im sure with enough beer and meat it wont be too cold :LOL:

I was hoping to camp over and tackle Walna Scar Road the next day (early night for me then! :oops: ), or maybe Garburn on the way home, whatever anyone fancied really :)

I camped the other year in April at Langdale Valley and my face nearly froze off, so Feb will be nice

HarryCrumb":31sgzer1 said:
elPedro666":31sgzer1 said:
mrlee":31sgzer1 said:

I camped the other year in April at Langdale Valley and my face nearly froze off, so Feb will be nice

I camped in Chapel Stile last April and despite wearing every scrap of clothing I had with me and two sleeping bags, I still ended up in the car with the heater on full blast. I wouldn't want to do it at this time of year unless you have some pretty serious kit.

Brrrrrrrrr

Dr S":1wn688y6 said:
I wouldn't want to do it at this time of year unless you have some pretty serious kit.

Brrrrrrrrr

BEER :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Seriously though had thought about the weather :? doesn't put me off but what say you?
I have a huge tent sleeps 8 + bikes bbq local ladys etc thats always a good option (curries banned of course), could be worse me and kaya pitched up in a stream once as some of you will recall :LOL:

any more ideas?

Camping? Nah. Not at this time of year. I was thinking of chipping in with the Yorkies and getting a nice cottage for the weekend. Local beers, cognac and cigars, fine food etc.

I will of course think of you lot shivering in your vangos.

Reminds me of the night I spent camping in a £20 Halfords 'Carnival' tent.

A crap single skin tent at minus 5 is not that much fun.

Back