external BB spline help needed!

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm about to install a campagnolo UT bottom bracket, but don't have the correct tool. I've seen a lot of tools advertised as Hollowtech II / megaexo / campag UT compatible. Are the splines on all these different makes and models of external BB cup the same? Will any tool suitable for a Hollowtech II BB work with my Campagnolo UT cups, even if it's not specifically stated as compatible with UT?

Thanks, Andy

I have ust tried my campag UT tool on a hollow tech BB and it does fit but the splines look like they a slightly different profile to the Park BB tool for the shimano type external BB.

Howver the difference is small I think a Park tool external BB tool will work but as I have the Campy and Park BB tools I have never had to try.

OK, thanks! Could you try the park tool or any other hollowtech specific tool on a campag UT cup?

Cheers, Andy

They might be but as I do not have a UT I cannot confirm! I think you are safe to try the park tool weapon.

If you use a flat-spanner type tool, the spline patterns are the same. i've installed Hollowtech 2, GXP, UT and PT. The chamfer on the cups is slightly different on some so some socket type tools aren't quite as interchangeable. Campagnolo UT and PT are different as the non-drive bearing are different as will as the shaft arrangement.

Thanks, that confirms what I've since read... just as well, because I ordered a flat-spanner type tool a couple of days ago, should be with me soon!

Thanks, Andy

Latest posts

Back