pace ride ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
now i have finally built my pace rc100. i was just curious if anyone has ever arranged a ride for the pace brand bikes. i was thinking it would be really cool to get together with as many original rc100's, 200's etc..... for a ride in the summer time.
but any other retro bikes could get involved, but i think to see as many square framed paces, 100's, 200's, 300's etc....
would be amazing.
i would also love to have some of the founding members of pace to come along.
so if anyone thinks this is a good idea. or has already arranged a pace themed ride. please let me know.
many thanks. jeff.

Three's certainly plenty on the site :) We had a NW ride last year where I think about half the group just happened to show up on Dyna-Techs, thought that was a pretty cool sight and a fleet of square tubers would be much more so!

If anybody would be kind enough to lend me one (medium ;) ) I'd love to tag along :LOL:

I am sure I could loan a few out!

Currently 2 RC100's (3 if you count the trials) 1 RC200, 1 RC300 1 RC250 trials and 1 RC500.

Of these the RC100's, the 200 and 300 are really suitable to being ridden on any sort of ride. The 2 Trials would knacker any one over any distance and the 500 doesnt get ridden, display only!

But I'd be more than happy to loan the others to any one wanting to ride them (based on a you break you pay sort of deal) The 200 & 300 are 19"

Also would rather the ride be gentile such as the railway ride done at the weekend...less chance for any one to prang my metal and more chance for me to keep up :p

The first BDW a few years ago had a mildly Pace theme. There was quite a few turned up then. Tim had the Funky Pace on display as well.

It would be a good idea to get some 'squares' together again :cool:

stop it, your making me begin to doubt not having one in the fleet. Oh no just begun a build in my head :roll:

HarryCrumb":m8949qrh said:
stop it, your making me begin to doubt not having one in the fleet. Oh no just begun a build in my head :roll:

:LOL:

'It's harmless I'm just imagining what I could build...'

Obvious place is over, this side of the country at Dalby and the surrounding. Pop in to the PACE museum.
I remember something was planned quite a while back, not sure if it happened.

a bit far from you though. (notices the section I'm typing in :oops: )

Yeah I would've thought that Dalby would be the ideal place to start a Pace ride. Plus you've got some great riding on the doorstep too.
Gentle forest trails to full on technical singletrack.

Could get in touch with Adrian Carter too.

I love it when a plan comes together... :cool:

Sounds ideal! Maybe have a word with Vern about dates - know the NE calendar is pretty packed.

drystonepaul":sevl2pdk said:
Yeah I would've thought that Dalby would be the ideal place to start a Pace ride. Plus you've got some great riding on the doorstep too.
Gentle forest trails to full on technical singletrack.

Could get in touch with Adrian Carter too.

I thought I could smell poachers. :p

Sounds like a good idea. Have a word over on the NE Section, I'm sure they'd help out. Don't forget TimBackdated and Young Mark are both ex-Pace employees and NE&Yorks regulars, and Dean the Welder is back in the area after a spell down under. Duncan is still around too but I guess he wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Carters.

Si

Back