Can hope still do full services on C2 brake systems??

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, does anyone know if hope can still do full services on the c2 brakes, as in get the working great again? cheers Rob

I think they've finally washed their hands of the C2.
I enquired last year if they still had spares, which resulted in a deep sigh from the other end of the phoneline, and a lecture on how they have been making more modern brakes for some time!
I told Mr Hope i thought his later brakes were cr.. , er, not so good.
I think, deep down , in his heart of hearts, he already knew this.

you can probably still get service kits - try j e james- which provided the cylinder bores aren't too scored, will work a treat!

Ah right, not good then, like fook am I putting a set of newer m4's on my lobo, C2 all the way! I might just call hope to pee them off then if thats the arsey answer you get! haha :cool: :cool:

I've just been looking around on web and there is a good few shops that do spares for the c2 but calipers, but I'm stumped on the kits for the lever as I'm running the sprt lever not the pro, will any seals etc for the pro lever work on the sport??

not exacty sure the brakes do work although the lever for the rear seems a bit stif to pull in?? I was just after a service kit for front and rear.

Service kits for seals for calipers and pro levers are still available, as are most of the most important spares. I just checked.

I've contacted Hope so often about C2's[inc levers etc] to the point they phoned me at home and told me to drop it.
:oops: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Best really buying sets or if you can find them ,parts.Keeps things running.
I feel i must point out that although they are some of the best brakes ever made they will wear out very quickly if you dont know how to look after them.
One of the biggest problems is damage to the sides of the piston,this happens because as the pad wears and you dial it closer it leaves the piston sides exposed to the elements.If you do not wash the crap from them after each ride they will start to become pitted and start dragging grit down into the seal seating, scoring the inside of the calliper.This will lead to the calliper leaking around the sides of the piston.
Pistons or inside surfaces also need to be slippery smooth or the piston wont return and no amount of new seals or services will sort that problem :?

I went through about 8 complete sets trying to find a set that matched the condition of the ones i stupidly sold.
I have them now[going on the Santa Cruz project] and they're not ever leaving me :LOL:

Back