2002 Kona Scab - 1st ride pics 29/1/12

The parts are stacking up now...

DSC00393.jpg

Just got to order a new rear wheel, pedals and chain. Got all the bits to go singlespeed or 1x8, not decided on that yet. Quite like the idea of keeping it pretty clean and simple. Hopefully get the shopping done tomorrow and the build done at the weekend. This is a light-speed build for me!

I'm going for a "pineapple" colour scheme! Pedals and chain are going to be lime green to match the bombers. Tasteless I know but I already had the forks, cranks and bars, and I thought it was vaguely Hawaii-ish.

I've got modern 321s on my Rumble and they'll go on this if I decide to run 26in wheels, but I fancy giving the 24s a shot first. I'm getting a black rim to replace the one on the back.

New (black) rear wheel, pedals and chain ordered today, this is getting finished by the end of the week! :D

Going with flats and fancied trying something different so i've ordered some Octane plastic/nylon thingys. Not expecting them to be super grippy but they're only cheap so I thought they'd be worth a shot.

Picked up the last remaining parts this morning.

New Revell 24" rear wheel:
DSC00396.jpg

Pedals and half link chain:
DSC00395.jpg

Got it built now but it's dark outside so full pics will have t wait until tomorrow, here's a teaser...
DSC00398.jpg

Latest posts

Back