1983 Specialized Stumpjumper - build thread

:cool: very... ermm...special that :D I was gifted an 87 Hotrock at the weekend, not in the same league of course ....but i shall follow this closely for inspiration. :)

I doubt he would miss it unless he is holding on to it as a memento of his youth. He now occasionally rides a folding bike that is attached to it. Do you want me to leave a note on it?( Dutchman with deep pockets willing to buy your piece of mtb history and ship to Holland.)

Guy With a Ritchey":20qowlfp said:
I doubt he would miss it unless he is holding on to it as a memento of his youth. He now occasionally rides a folding bike that is attached to it. Do you want me to leave a note on it?( Dutchman with deep pockets willing to buy your piece of mtb history and ship to Holland.)

Leave the "with deep pockets"!! Don't want to give give him any ideas! ;)

Worth a try, isn't it?!?

Guy With a Ritchey":38sjocxc said:
I will leave a note and see what happens.

:p That would be a cool story....!! :p

Ask for the framenumber to identify the bike!

By the way, where can we see your Ritchey..... :cool:

Cool bike Bart :cool:

If you get lucky with the parts bike I'll buy the frame off you!

:facepalm: vulture... D

GaryTurner":gxlzt9sd said:
Nice ! , nice bike !

have you the mighty thumbshifters ?

Got these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntour-Mighty- ... 0176157735

And these
PIC00011.JPG

And some other old suntour thumbshifters. I can use the mounts from these for the mighty's!

Even found the Tommaselli levers!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back