Friday night is nightride night!

the CV

Guys
you might want to find another venue for your Friday night ride?? as i was at the CV last night and it's goosed! only trail which doesn't have tonnes of trees down is the runway All the rest of the single track is covered in trees and it looks like the forestry commission will take a while to clear them all? i'm reckoning on a month easy!
As all they have cleared so far is the main fire road round the reservoir. Even then the access road from the Tak Rd side is like riding in quick sand due to the lorries churning it up.

So i think you might want to consider an alternative venue??

cheers
Greig.

I had heard there was some storm damage.

Any other venue suggestions?

depends on your catchment area gaz

i/we can do a east coast one , and you guys do a west coast one
is there another venue that is central to all of us ?

the devilla forest near kincardine might be a shout. pretty flattish so maybe a good SS run.

not been there for yeas so dont know much of the trails but have heard there are a good few km's of trails in there.

clockworkgazz":3bqvz0uy said:
Does it have to be central scotland?

No what were you thinking? Might be an idea to stay localish? Carron was probably about as far as I was going to go. I'd maybe head to Drum or Pollock.

Would prefer pollock as it is easier work wise to get to but as the wife is working sat and sunday I should get a pass for this. How about anyone else? Mugdock, west highland way?[/list]

Probably want to think hillside, rather than trees given all the storm damage. Although having said that, hard to imagine Pollock really having suffered. I'm easy, would be nice to get a Friday and a Sunday in!

kaiser":1tmekf7q said:
I'm sure we could muster some kit G. I reckon I've a spare torch and mount for a helmet.

Hoping to pick my mates ole cateye hallogen jobs up again, however any extra illumination would be welcome. :D

Venue wise, was going to offer up my local trails. Basically all country park stuff, more exciting in the dark than the day, however there will be trees down all over the place.

Happy to go with consensus

Latest posts

Back