Pace RC500 (Nearly, Nearly finished!)

Not sure about caliper mount - Tim sorted it!

He the man GG!!

Not sure on rear disk size yet - working on it!

that looks great rich. the cranks are perfect for this.

my only criticism would be the saddle but thats a personal thing

Looking good. I do have a few 5 bolt discs left I'll have a dig and see if there is a suitable one. If so its yours.

Particularly liking those bits that differ to mine. The stem and pedals especially. May I ask what length BB you are running to allow clearance for the big ring?

Think I have a spare 183 if Jerky doesn't come up with the right one.

But the brakes are minis and should really be with the thicker rotors with wavy pattern - at least that's what Hope sent me when I ordered a mini rotor for the RC300.

Looking good. Hope it's going to get some abuse when finished?

As an aside, we stopped at Robin Hood's Bay on Saturdays NE&YORKS monthly gathering for fish and chips. As we sat on the beach scoffing away, we were joined by the legendary Dean the Welder who was out with the kids. He was the guy who built your frame during his time at Pace.

It's a shame Adrian Carter wasn't more interested in it. Duncan MacDonald is still just a stones throw from Dalby and probably would be far more enthusiastic about your bike.

Si

i have a spare 203 (could be 205) rotor with the older 5 bolt pattern kicking around, original one from a Hope M4 brake.

Let me know if its any use to you.

Lovely bike by the way, I would love an RC500!

cheers

Dan

Dr S":z83khiry said:
Looking good. Hope it's going to get some abuse when finished?

As an aside, we stopped at Robin Hood's Bay on Saturdays NE&YORKS monthly gathering for fish and chips. As we sat on the beach scoffing away, we were joined by the legendary Dean the Welder who was out with the kids. He was the guy who built your frame during his time at Pace.

It's a shame Adrian Carter wasn't more interested in it. Duncan MacDonald is still just a stones throw from Dalby and probably would be far more enthusiastic about your bike.

Si

It is true. Adrian has never been that interested when I have talked to him about various old steads. He is much happier trying to sell me a new 29er. So far he has failed but no one can be strong for ever!

That's Adrian to a tee. Little interest in the past.

Don't go buying a 29er quite yet. There's something pretty on the jig here at Strangelove HQ you might fancy! :D

Back