The FTW Street Bike: Fully built pics now on Page 8

Kitmech":14fdefy8 said:
Whats happening? I'm getting impatient now! :D

I read that comment and looked at your photo of the dog and thought 'Awwwwwwwwww bless'!

Anyhhooooo, frame and forks have gone up to Kevin Winter, whilst that's up there I've sorted out some rather gorgeous hubs, photo's will follow soon....

Two black Ringle Moby seat post shafts (*fnarr fnarr*) have been sent to be re-anodised in red, until a proper red Moby turns up. Tried to bid on a red one on eBay the other evening but the seller wouldn't ship to the UK even though I was gonna bid and get it sent to a mate of mine in the States - MEH!!!!

Waiting for part of the shifters to arrive, oh and the rims which are taking a bloody age. Still deciding on the type of touring tyre for the commute. Oh, and on a saddle, I'd love a Brooks but I think I'll be more comfy with a Flite.

Haven't seen any decent wheels skewers, am desperate for the Ringle Cam-Twists (Holeys) alas they're hard to find, I'm not really keen on modern parts with massive brash company logos on them.

cyfa2809":3p4bc6aj said:
What about another coloured spoke?

I've got silver hubs and black rims...... part of me is saying stay traditional with silver spokes, the other half is saying being contemporary with black spokes!

Rear Hub....... et voila:

RoyceRearHub.jpg

The front hub is to follow.....

silver spokes every time. they glint in the summer sun unlike black spokes which are dull and black and dull, did i mention dull?

royce though, very :cool:

that's the route i was thinking of going down for the wheels when i get my demon frame.

if you told cliff you were going to anodize his hubs i think he'd come at you with an axe! :LOL: he hates anodizing which is why they are only polished

and before you mention the gold hubs he does, they are ti-nitrided.

:)

Back