Isle of Wight ride, 11/3/12 aftermath on page 5

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so i finally have finished the stress of training in my new job so i can concentrate a little more on sorting out a ride or so.

i need to get some miles in myself so i thought i'd give us a little time to get over the winter laziness hence the date.

so who's up for a ride on the Island on sunday the 11th of march?

usual set up, 10am ferry from lymington ferry terminal.

and for god sake Heathy and Wu! if you're coming this time get you arses out of bed earlier so we don't get forced into getting the NEXT ferry!!! :roll: ;)

here's wightlinks website for directions etc, the ferries go on the hour so you'll need to be there by 9.40 am at the latest, Gus will need to be there by 9am to organise his socks, pump placement and general faffing.

http://www.wightlink.co.uk/

you can park at the terminal and they do have an overflow carpark in a field 50yds down the road.

ticket will be about £11, parking about £4.

depending on the route and how we go there will be a stop unless we decide on the day not to bother.

the route is usually about 20 miles but it's a hilly ride but always enjoyable with good views, not very technical just proper old school cross country.

:D

Attachments

• IOW naughty trails ride.jpg
    IOW naughty trails ride.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,474
  • naughty trail on the IOW.jpg
    naughty trail on the IOW.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,474
Yes why not, I have nothing in for that weekend and have just written in pen on Mrs M's calendar ;)

Is indeed a good laugh, is street wars coming out again :LOL:

Looking forward to it already :cool:

Helloooo....
Is there much chance of the date for this changing? I ask because I work nights on weekends and would want to book the night before the ride off.

It'd be nice to meet some other RB members :cool:

oh and GM, streetwars has been retired. :LOL:

Attachments

• streetwars does the samaritons.jpg
    streetwars does the samaritons.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,458
picked this date because of my shift work

That's cool then, kinda set in stone date, I'll phone the office in the morning (there'll be no-way they can moan about not getting enough notice :LOL: )

Gravy Monster":1a1s0hta said:
Oh no :LOL:

I was at that exact spot yesterday, that is the Clifton suspension bridge if I'm not wrong ;)

yeah we were all on a stag weekend in brizzle last year. messy :oops:

Back