Am I getting a bargain??

isitafox

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm in the process of rebuilding an old frame up with 2nd hand parts as a bit of a commuter/occasional trail bike but as the trials community is a million miles away from regular bikes I have long since lost track of what's good, what's not and what's cheap.

So, can anyone give me some advice on wether or not I'm paying the right amount for a few bits I've picked up, or even if they're worth it?
In the last few days I've bought the following off eBay, all in pretty good condition;
Raceface Ride XC 9spd ISIS cranks, 170mm just missing granny ring, not sure on year but I think they're 2009 maybe, £13
Shimano XT 2000 rear mech, £15
Shimano XT 2000 combi V levers/shifters, £20

I still need to pickup a BB, cassette, front mech, cables, chain and pedals so still a way to got but trying to keep costs down and quality up!

That's good to hear then. Not sure what it'll look like when built up but as long as it rides nice it'll do me!

isitafox":1wd7qwdl said:
That's good to hear then. Not sure what it'll look like when built up but as long as it rides nice it'll do me!

Have you tried the On-One website for new bargains?

I can do you a used but ok/good 9 speed Shimano LX cassette & matching chain cheap. Also got plenty of (platform) pedals and a selection of front mechs and BBs if you're after a bargain, big clearout at mine at the mo! Buy a few bits and I'll chuck in a granny ring for your RF crankset

*I'm quite shameless*

Sounds good, I'll have a measure up of the size for the front mech tonight after work/tomorrow before work and let you know!
Think my biggest problem is what colour to have the frame powder coated!

Back