YAY! It's finished... finally :-)

What a superb looking bike, and beautifully done. The only detail I regret is the ugly chainstay protector. Is it inner tube? I wonder if anyone makes them in silver or in clear PVC?

Thanx y'all ;-)

I've bought this bike new back in 1992, well actually I graduated back then and my folks did a 50/50 with me. I'd been working my *ss off with two jobs all summer to get this bike. Saw it in the shop and immediately fell in love with it! (well, except for that ubercool S-works M2 Team, the one with the yellow lettering and "Duralcan" on the top tube). It was originally equipped with DX parts and I upgraded everything to XT when I got it, except the hubs but these are now too XT rear and an American Classic suspension hub up front.

I actually used this bike until 2005, when I got my Scott Scale... so all the other bikes (S-works M2, S-Bike, Attitude and the Rascal) came after my Scale. SO this bike made all my MTB-ing miles with me for 13 years!! :cool: I even had a serious crash with it, downhill and the bike "hung" behind a rope crossing the trail on headset height (luckily not my own "headset" height). Bike stayed behind the rope and I flew some 10 yards onwards through the air. All that the thing had was that the "S" on the headtube is scratched.

For the rest? Well, it isn't resprayed and still looks awesome! And this is really one seriously used bike. Always did take good care of it, though. taking it totally apart after every few rides. SPD pedals are still the original ones too. This is really the best bike I ever had to be honest! It weighs a ton, though. Compared to my Attitude or S-Works. But I'll never ever part with this bike... I learned all I know about downhills, uphills, racing, jumping etc etc on this bike.

<elderly modus>
Great days they were.... yeah great days :(
</elderly modus>

Oh yeah, and it's tape on the chainstay. Somehow I like that look, gives a bit of a rugged look on this bike. I always had this taped in (not from the beginning, but after a few months or so). It quiets the hitting of the chain on the steel a bit when jumping off roots on downhill trails. And I really raced it downhill a lot, after seeing JT doing that on his Raleigh USA on TV I was convinced my steel rig would hold out as well ;-) :cool:

Ain't ridden it yet, but when the summer arrives I'll be taking it with me again... but then, I also still have to take the Attitude for a ride. It's too cold and wet for me now, wuss that I am (I'm a summer rider, like the really really hot weather).

Void(EN12-82)

Anthony":162f5gd7 said:
What a superb looking bike, and beautifully done. The only detail I regret is the ugly chainstay protector. Is it inner tube? I wonder if anyone makes them in silver or in clear PVC?

Black lizard skin.

job done :cool:

Back