Specialized hardrock

Staniland

Dirt Disciple
Just bought this hardrock in black and yellow, this has always been my favourite color scheme and have waited for one to come up for sale and found this one for 25 quid

Got it home and there are a few issues. But it's a nice little project to add to the 2 other projects I have ongoing lol

The frame is tired (as you can imagine)
Bars are non standard which I don't like
Wheels are buckled. But I think they are also non standard
And new cables needed for the brakes
Seat post worn
Seat is rubbish

But as I waited for so long for one to come along, I think i would have bought this if it was a death trap

Question I wanted t ask is... Is it possible have a frame powder coated in the same scheme and where would be the best place toget decals

47de4fcd.jpg

Regards

Staniland

any ideas?

someone pointed me to a custom painter but im thinking this is an expensive route to go down.

heres another pic for some inspiration

Attachments

• spec.jpg
    spec.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,648
decals would be gil_m on here.

as for paint/powdercoaters...send a few shots to some likely locals from your yellow pages/google and see what they come back with

1cce21e4.jpg

This is the bike now. Might have to swap the rear wheel out because I was planning on a rear disc but the mount looks very odd and isn't international standard. Anyone shed any light on this? I will upload a pic later

Staniland":3vmykaed said:
This is the bike now. Might have to swap the rear wheel out because I was planning on a rear disc but the mount looks very odd and isn't international standard. Anyone shed any light on this? I will upload a pic later
Gil is the go to man for decals as said above, drop him a pm. Powdercoating is relatively expensive, especially for a two colour replica like that - is your paint that bad? Looks ok in photos albeit sometimes paint photographs better than it actually is.

A close up pic would help identify your disc brake mount query ;)

If your looking at the lugs on the chainstays they aint mouts for a disc their for racks & panniers. Hence why they are on both sides.

That's that cleared up then. I though that i might be out of luck. I've heard of some contraptions you can buy Anyone know about these?

Just ordered a a2z disc mount, anyone has any experience with these? Knowing my luck. I'll have sme issues with it. It's all a big learning curve

6b04f9a9.jpg

Pulled these off the hardrock before I singlespeed'd it. Obviously have both. Seem to be in good working order. How much could I make off them. I'm guessing pittance

Back