Just another Zaskar

Storm1976

Dirt Disciple
I know, just another Zaskar, but I can't seem to keep my hands off these. I got this '97 in rough condition, but I've cleaned it up and starting my build. It's going to be a bit of a retro mod - - new and old parts.

M770 shifter/brake levers
M760 crank
M975 frt hydraulic disc
Rear v-brake (not sure yet)
Mavic/M765 front disc wheel
Mavic X517 Ceramic with M950 hub
NOS Ritchey tires
Syncros seatpost
Ritchey carbon riser bar
Ritchey carbon stem
Richey WCS saddle
FOX F80 RL fork

Still need to finish the polishing and I'm having a hell of a time getting the xtr BB off. I have a full set of decals, but not sure if I want to put them on, kinda like the raw look.

Attachments

• PICT0153.JPG
    PICT0153.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,221
I'm not usually a great fan of bikes without decals but in this case I agree with you about it looking better 'in the raw...'

I think the Zaskar is a lovely looking frame, but ultimately I find many of the builds a little disappointing??

yeah, trying not to go over board, just clean an simple (which can be tougher than it sounds). Excited as this will be my first bike with the Fox and hydraulic brake.

Decals...just don't know. I didn't want to ad them to my red '96 (my budget build), but had to because of the fading from the old decals.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,194
good eye on the seatpost, just switched it around...that's what happens when you get too excited to start a project

:LOL:

interesting build, always enjoy seeing a zas come together.

as for decals, i say yes, put them on! the red one above, looks schmick!

Back