french 1970s "Bosdure"

HQDP

Dirt Disciple
I got this bike on ebay, intended as a donor for my peugeot build. However it looks to be a rather nice frame. Full 531, campag dropouts, wraparound stays. I found one reference to Bosdure on a french forum, which claimed that they re-badged and built up frames from elsewhere. Apparently cycles Bosdure still exists in Puy (France), so I will get in contact with them to see if they can give me more info. Present plan is to take it apart (already done), clean & grease it, and put it together again.

It came with simplex deraillers, 3ttt stem and bars, CLB brakeset, mavic rims on large flange campag hubs. Can anyone identify which campag model the hubs are?

The rims are for tubulars, and the spokes are somewhat rusty. So I'm planning to rebuild the wheels using (probably modern) clincher rims and stainless spokes.

The stronglight cranks seem to have unique threads for the crank pullers, and also a larger BB nut than today's standard. I have to see if the appropriate tool is still available...I'm in France, so i should have a reasonable chance of success, I hope.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Attachments

• dropout.JPG
    dropout.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 771
  • seatcluster.JPG
    seatcluster.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 771
  • overview.JPG
    overview.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 771
  • headbadge.JPG
    headbadge.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 755
pics of the wheels

unfortunately the rear QR skewer is cross-threaded, and the nut has pieces missing...

can anyone identify which model the hubs are?

Attachments

• fronthub_qr.JPG
    fronthub_qr.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 770
  • rearhub_logo.JPG
    rearhub_logo.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 770
  • rearhub.JPG
    rearhub.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 770
  • rim.JPG
    rim.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 770
Looks like a neat frame to me, HQDP

Intended for touring? I spot the triple and eyelets.

I am afraid I do not know what hubs you have there.

Well, they look like Records but don't have the centre grease port and clip and they have straight lever QR's which are early-ish. They also have the 'flying wheel logo' rather than the 'globe' one. Nothing to match on Velobase website. A puzzle?

Stronglight crank removers are available and I have a contact who can supply them. Don't be tempted to try anything else as you might damage the threads.

Elev12k":13oq3dtg said:
Intended for touring? I spot the triple and eyelets.

The triple is 51-42-32, with a 6spd 14-22 block, so not inconsistent with light touring, but not enough for fully laden alpine climbs (at least for my legs!). I believe that many french bikes of the period had mudguard eyes (see for example the top of the range peugeot 1979 PY10 here) so I don't think we can conclude much from the eyes.

I also looked for the hub model on velobase and campag catalogues, and didn't spot anything similar.

The headset is marked "hatta - hattaswan - Japan": I'd never heard of these before, but a quick google tells me that Hatta is a well known headset and BB manufacturers in Japan.

Back