1991 GT Xizang - Finished 13/03 pg3 - update pg4 15/01

Somewhere in the past, when I moved, I had to clean up the barn and thrown away a Manitou M4 version, my 1st srpingforks.
Still wondering which part in me decided to do that!! :roll: :twisted:

Beautiful bike. Keeping my eye open for the right one but once I find it I think I can cut ties with my other bikes. Never got over the Xizang urge.

lovely!.....the manitou/suntour thing suits it really well too, different flavour to the yellow rockshox/shimano thing.....i like it!... :D

Thanks for the comments guys, it's under going a bit of a change at the moment - post/saddle/stem/bars - got a bit of a problem deciding on the stem at the moment but I think it'll be a GT flip flop :D

Will get some pics up soon :D

Have been tinkering with this bike recently.

I didn't like the way the silver Controltech stuff fitted with the rest of the build and the welds on the stem were definitely wrong. Also the saddle while comfy didn't feel right.

So, off with Controltech and in with Syncros Ti seatpost and bars. Finished of with a Flight and a GT Flipflop stem. Also while I was at it I decided to add a bit of colour so put a touch of purple on it with the skewers.

And I switched the outer chain ring to a darker anodised one to tone down the silver some more and put some more modern rubber on it for the winter.

Much happier with it now :D

Here's some pics taken after a couple of loops of the FoD trail centre this morning (forgot to take any in the forest :roll:):

dscn0333mt.jpg

dscn0335n.jpg

dscn0333mt.jpg

dscn0336wk.jpg

Great ride but a bit tarnished by the 'good condition' flight that the boot polish rubbed off and the syncros ti seatpost that instantly started to rotate at the joint between the saddle clamp and the post :roll: be careful kids there is some tat out there! (That'll learn me for not checking stuff thoroughly when it arrives!)

I love this bike!! had the pleasure of it as my own personal wall art for a while!! :cool:

Poor with the syncros post I feel , too late to send back? :?

nice! the flip flop stem is a really classic GT signature. it looks perfect on you bike! good to see it gets prper dirty and all! :D

bummer to hear about the seat and post woes though..

Back