A nice little ride today...

Went out today, planning to ride home over the Downs via Honeysuckle lane, unfortunately I was navigating from memory after glancing at the map and went a little wrong! Ended up the wrong side of Blackpatch Hill and the wrong end of Long Furlong.....Nevermind eh?!

Mild apologies for modern content.... :LOL:

Attachments

• IMAG0111.jpg
    IMAG0111.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,168
After coming home later than expected I was accused of going to the pub anyway, so maybe I should have!! I went past the Bull at about 3pm anyway!

:LOL:

we were in there!!

bizarrely I was saying to Heidi we should see about dragging you lot down there too

just seem some familiar locations so thought I would say hi! I live in Cornwall no but from Worthing originally, spent my whole youth riding Clapham woods and Cissbury. We still have some very very tasty dirt jumps in Clapham woods! Got myself a Sunn Bmix yesterday for a bit of summer fun and am keen to get an old school cross country ride also now. I come back now and then when on leave (in the forces) if any Worthing locals fancy some fun in the woods!

Little pic from today, people seem to call it 'The Hidden valley' however I found it quite easily. I followed the signs.

I was unhappy that I couldn't help a fellow MTB'er who turned up whilst I was having a quick breather - he had a puncture, no repair or spare.

Firstly he went through 5 patches (all of one kit) and then I think there were more holes. Next we tried a spare tube which was a schrader one I had picked up, but they wouldn't fit the drilling on his rims. He let me on my way after a while seeing as he was in for a walk. Not a lot else could be done despite my offers of walking with him or lending him a phone.

Anyway, aside from that, it was quite nice to be on a bike again after nearly 8 weeks.

Attachments

• IMAG0641.jpg
    IMAG0641.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,121
Beach run redux

I decided to re-trace the route of 'ye olde Brighhelm Beach runne' today, not for any special reason, apart from to play with some bike lights and just get out of work for a bit. It was quiet without you lot. :)

I have now purchased 2x Cree xm5 things which are supposed to be so bright as to blind potatoes. They didn't dissapoint, whilst not paying attention and on high beam I heard the cats-eyes in the road start howling (possibly).

Aside from that, it started out light, and then got darker. Then i put my lights on. etc.

Attachments

• IMAG0661.jpg
    IMAG0661.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMAG0658.jpg
    IMAG0658.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,102
A lovely day but perhaps not the nicest bike ride I had recently :)

I rang in and joked that I was pulling a sicky today, which basically means not answering my phone or emails. For a bit. I decided on doing 'Chattri and the Windmills' Which is a little loop just off the South Downs Way outside of Brighton.

First off the Bridge that gets you onto the loop was shut for repairs and biking back round to the other side of it was off the cards so I decided to change routes a bit. Got to the SDW at Pyecombe and started sneezing, them coughing, then sure enough, out of nowhere I was sick!

Headed back towards home, felt a bit brighter, did an excursion up to Devils Dyke then back down the old railway.

Bought some bike shorts. Grumbled.

Nice day however, hope some of you managed to get out.

Attachments

• IMAG0679.jpg
    IMAG0679.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,086
  • IMAG0677.jpg
    IMAG0677.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,086
We did pass the Chattri, a bit later. Quite dry up there. And we crossed the bridge that is closed, as we're naughtier than you.

What was Newtimber Hill like today? Almost unridable at the foot of the hill last time I went there a few weeks ago, owing to farmer churning it up.

Nice pics as ever. Funny that you threw a sicky to go for a ride, and then you really did throw a sicky. Quite poetic really.

Back