Contacting All Mac Owners

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all,

In the process of buying a home computer and I am quite taken by the Apple iMacs. Problem is i know nothing about Apple and their OS.

All I require is the ability to play with music, video, photo and MS packages.

I know that for the first three the Apple are very good but not so sure about the Apple version of office and it compatability with the MS version.

Can anybody help?

Or does anyone have any strong reasons to buy/not buy one?

Many thanks in advance :D

Mark

:D :D :D

The Mac MS office stuff is Perfectly compatible.

I use a version of open office for the mac...its not as good compatibility wise (say 95%) however it is free.

OS X itself is simply superb.

Im a Development engineer, and spen my working hours sat with a high powered, dual screened CAD machine running XP. At home I have a Top spec quad core Vista PC for playing games on. For any emails/music/films/web etc i use my little Ibook..its simply nice to use.

Bear-Chan":29b1hc2h said:
we use microsoft office for osx all the time and never had any probs at all with it :D

same here.
The time that Mac/Windows gave any problems is behind us,...although some people are still screaming that they are not compatible,...they do not know what the are talking about and probably Microshit owners :twisted: :LOL:

PM me your address and I'll burn you off a copy of Office for Mac. Also, my mate's company ( Absolute-Mac.co.uk ) sells Macs at a not unreasonable price....just don't get him started about retro bikes....he knows more than scant!

I have been using a Mac now for about a year , and its the best thing I ever did.. they are brill , had no problems with viruses or major crashes etc, all the software is easy to use.. I dont know about running PC software, on the mac though, I never needed to use any of that PC rubbish... buy one you wont regret it, it may take you a while to get used to if your use to a PC but once you've adapted you'll love it... highly recommended..

Si

Certainly easy to use. BUT please if/when you buy a Mac get Norton. They do get hit by virus. One of mine was downed by one. And my currant machine was saved when Norton picked two out and killed them.
Thats in 5 years of owning a Mac. So nothing like a pc :D :D

No problems with Office on a Mac. The software's been around for years now and always been perfect compatability with the PC version.

If I didn't need a PC to run AutoCAD I wouldn't own one at all.....Mac's are just so much nicer to own. ;)

Likewise but solidworks over autocad.... and im a gamer...which macs just dont do well on (in terms of getting latest/ as many games)

Back