The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retro Bikes - Some Pricing Help

Hey All,

Not been on a bike forum for some time, good site and have enjoyed it so far.

I've been convinced to have a clear out of the shed. A few bikes from my younger days are not used and taking up space. If I'm honest I don't know if they are 'retro' in your eyes but I've spent most of the day on ebay trying to work out what I should ask for them etc. Here's what I've got:

Kona Lava Dome - Purple colour from about 1991

GT Rave road bike - black colour from late 90's

Raleigh R300 road bike - blue and back from 2001

Will need to give them a clean and take pictures etc.

Any ball park figures would be great, I have honesty tried to value them via ebay.

Dougall

GT STS 1000 DS Thermoplastic/aluminium frame.

Good condition, new decals, shock appears to be in good condition.

What's it worth? :)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Kona sounds OK at the £150 zone.

The GT Rave is quite big, I had a quick look but couldn;t find a sticker with the size. I would have to measure but think it's a 56/58.

On a Gt road bike, do you measure from the centre ofd the crank up to the top of the head tube or where the top tube and head tube meet?

I ride a 58 so that could be good. If you want to sell it could you send me some pictures please?

andyhilton1978 @ googlemail.com

thanks

Will check size tomorrow and take some pics.

Just found an article that GT measure from centre of BB up the centre of the top tube so can now measure it.

After much umming and ahhing, not to mention tooing and froing, I think I may try and get shot of these Red 2.1 Z-Max WCS.

main.php

They have covered a grand total of about eight miles, when curiosity got the better of me, but truth be told I just don't like the look of them.
I have seen equally daft looking tyres, (White Porcs etc.) go for stupid money.
Are these worth stupid money?

And no saying "nah mate, about a fiver, can't give 'em away. I'll take 'em off your hands though..."

Thanks in advance.

90's TREK ZX8000, looking for an opinion on value!

I hope I've posted in the right section this time!!

I've decided to sell my old super lightweight TREK ZX8000 bonded aluminum mountain bike. Bought from Mud Dock in Bristol for £1000 back then!
It's the more attractive brushed aluminum version with yellow decals

It's pretty much original apart from a few mods made for my wife, like larger padded saddle, h/bars and it's had a new back wheel.

Trouble is I don't know how much to sell it for, I've looked for comparable models on line and found zilch. So I thought I'd ask the forum if anyone has an idea of value, is it desirable and if anyone is interested in it.

It's been in my garage hardly used for the past 10 years!

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back