My Cougar road bike circa 1997

i have to say i have always hated multi coloured tape, i understand the idea of matching the tape to the bike colour but the reason i don't like it is because i think it looks messy.

a single colour tape looks neat and tidy to me. i like black or white. black mainly because it looks good for longer but white on the right bike i think looks great.

i like the ultegra 600 though, i have always liked that group, don't know why as i generally prefer campagnolo on road bikes.

the frame colours are cool aswel.

:D

splash tape

Usually i agree with the anti-splash arguement, but... i think it looks 'right' here, is also consistent with age of frame and contemporary fashion at time. Be a shame to lose an 'original' feature of the bike!

Oh dear... now I'm in a quandry. I hvae ordered and fitted a Selle Regal Titanium white saddle. It really looks good. I ordered some white tape to go with it but not put it on yet. :? What to do?

only one thing to do

There is only really one sensible solution here:- again the turbomatic saddle is already a super fine and fitting component on the Cougar - those little yellow elastomers were every school boys dream. But the white selle regal saddle is also a lovely piece. Such a lovely piece in fact, it would be worth building a bike around! And it wouldn't be too expensive, cos you already have some other parts lying around to use (bar tape)...

Good luck, I can't wait to see the finished product ;)

Well, it's 10 years since I refreshed my Cougar and I've hardly used it since. As I'm now mid '60s I'm not likely to so I going to put on the sale section, trouble is I have no idea what to ask. What's the forum's thoughts on a hardly used Terry Dolan Cougar from the early to mid '90s? 🤔

Well, it's 10 years since I refreshed my Cougar and I've hardly used it since. As I'm now mid '60s I'm not likely to so I going to put on the sale section, trouble is I have no idea what to ask. What's the forum's thoughts on a hardly used Terry Dolan Cougar from the early to mid '90s? 🤔
My recently acquired Cougar is a joy to ride , as for value always a hard one especially the way steel bikes are selling at the moment

IMG_20220819_140254698_HDR.jpg

I just took some pictures of my Cougar (Terry Dolan built) - it's got Shimano Ultegra 600 a 3TTT headset, Look Pedals and new white Selle Regal seat. I appreciate it's difficult to put a price on these but are we talking £250 or £750? It's hardly been used because I bought it for triathlon and road riding back in '98/'99 and had surgery on both legs in 2000 so didn't compete again! I've used my Orange P7 since then but this just stays in the garage. Time to move it on... IMG_20230320_1253228.jpg

Latest posts

Back