The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I saw Adamgent refer to me as the 'girl who brought his Future Shock forks' recently so I though I better give up lurking and get out in the open...

So here I am, am I the first female registered??

I am in the process of retiring my 1992 kona explosif pro frame from it's current active commuter bike service and getting it matched up with the Future Shock forks. It will be a single speed for a while as that was my planned rebuild before I found the Future Shock but perhaps I will get around eventually to a full restoration as I find the right bits. I have had the frame from new and built it up myself in 1994 as a Uni commuter and weekend off road bike, it was my first decent bike (student loan well spent!)

My other bikes are an 1984 Raleigh Night Burner (BMX), 1997 Kona Explosif, 1993 Kona Hei Hei and a 2002 Giant TCR. I have also got a 1982 Night Burner frame and a 1992 Carerra 'elevated design' frame, pretty rubbish but I liked it back then!

I haven't got any bike pictures yet but I will post some as I get them.

I have an active collecting problem, like it seems many of you guys do too, so please don't end too many eBay links my way! I am still restoring my retro bank fund after accidentaly coming across Adam's Future Shock forks and buying them......I was supposed to be buying some new forks for the Hei Hei........hmm, perhaps I really should not be joining this forum at all......

Hi thought I best introduce myself, I'm Alan from Notts in the UK, I'm 29 and I've got a cannondale m400 with.. Flyte titanium seat, USE seatpost, XTR front mech, Sram 9.0sl Rear mech and gripshift, STS Cantis and diacompe levers, Pace RC30 bars, Hope ti bottom bracket and cook bros F crank. I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Right just posted a pic of it in readers bikes although I apologise for spelling cannondale wrong. :oops:

hola!

hey everyone,
this is my intro..
my real name is cristian, 31years old, & well into the old stuff! :D off the top of my head heres some of the bikes ive owned:
88 raleigh memphis
89 ridgeback 602lx
91 muddyfox alu pro
91 zinn z-centaur
92 trek 950
94 kona kilaea
95 kona sex two
97 GT LTS 3
98 GT LTS team
98 giant atx two
97 dmr trailstar
99 rotwild rdho3
2001 GT i drive 4.0 (still got)
i currently have, in original condition a 92 GT richter, & im building an 89 ridgeback 603 frame with full xt (pics soon)

also, as i work in a v.busy bike shop & we always have retro bikes in for repair which ill be posting pics of! (last one was an 88 scott alupro with full 6speed xt!)

& if anyones into roadbikes my collegue at work has over 60 in his museum!!

Hello

Hi,

I'm Terry, just posted some pics in reader's bikes.

I live near Brighton and currently in my garage are;

1987 Raleigh Ozark 18
1988 Raleigh Ozark 18
1992 Raleigh Dynatech 300 Road Bike (now with Integrated 8 Dura-Ace)
1994 (ish?) M-Trax Ti 1000 (my wife's, mainly original)

and in the spare room, I'm building up a new old stock M-Trax Ti 1000 frame with 9 speed XT and other modern parts.

Smashing !

Terry...

Felix":2kvzk3f6 said:
Hi,

my real name is Andreas. And, yes indeed, my second name is Felix. Unfortunately I turned fourty a couple of days ago. I'm with BMX and Skateboard stuff since the late 70's.

I play in a rockin' band and my other interests are oldschool MTB's and drinking beer.

The bikes in my garage are:

1987 Overbury's Pioneer Laughing
1992 Trek 9000 Rolling Eyes
1992 Maroné Kampfmaschine Twisted Evil
1996 Cannondale M-Class for urban rides Embarassed

Cheers,
Felix

ello!

hi guys!
ive been reading these boards for a while now and thought it was about time i'd register and say hi!
Ive really enjoyed reading all your ramblings - makes me very nostalgic! This site has already fuelled a growing ebay binge and its brought back many fond memories of MBUK salsa team strips, mint suance mugs and gawping at Paul Wotshisface's San Andres. - i loved the mint sauce scans the other day - i still have the mag somewhere!

bikes i have at the moment are:
'99 santa crus chameleon
'97 GT Xizang (looking for suitable wheels and bits at the moment!)
S&M 1" original Dirt Bike (BMX)

happy saturday!
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back