The Wine List...

Russell":27qmygg4 said:
Red? Chateauneaf-du-Pap please... yummy.

White wine... for the ladies.

Remind me not to share my 2001 Grand Cru Fevre Chablis with you then....Oh sheet...starting to sound like a wine snob... :LOL:

Ah, well actually I could make an exception for a nice Chablis. Possibly amend my view to 'drink with ladies' :)

I love a nice Rioja. Red or white

White is probably overlooked because it's not that common, but a good one is some of the best white you will taste. A Spanish tapas restaurant in Manchester called Evuna are also a wine merchant for Spanish wine. The do some fantastic bottles. They do a few types of white Rioja

I got a surprisingly decent bottle the other week from Somefield. I can't remember the name of it but it was the only one they did, so it's not difficult to find

Tonight I shall be mainly drinking:-
2001 Clos de Triguedina Cahors
The so-called 'black wine of France' and historically more famous and deeply rooted than Bordeaux.
This is a deep wine, the mix....largely Auxerois or Cot or otherwise known as Malbec to you New Worlders :D with a splash of Merlot and Tannat.
Its a bit of s truggle at the moment...needs more time to breath...but dark it is. Brooding hedgerow fruit with hints of tar and liquorice. Quite austere and dry at the moment, with tight grainy tannins.
I'm going to like this :LOL:
I'll report later if I can still type :!:
HB

The Ken":1u42sf5a said:
Could some kind Moderator move all the Wine posts from "what do you do for a living" into here so we can continue the conversation. If it is too hard can I suggest all wine related talkery end up here, I'm very interested although there is the chance we may drive Harry out f his mind.

We could even have a sticky post so we can do a wine of the month or similar.

I'll start...

under a tenner...
Caves des Hautes Côtes, Hautes Côtes de Beaune

Sadly there's no way of splitting out individual posts. Here's your wine thread though..

Harryburgundy":1hiedmmt said:
Tonight I shall be mainly drinking:-
2001 Clos de Triguedina Cahors
The so-called 'black wine of France' and historically more famous and deeply rooted than Bordeaux.
This is a deep wine, the mix....largely Auxerois or Cot or otherwise known as Malbec to you New Worlders :D with a splash of Merlot and Tannat.
Its a bit of s truggle at the moment...needs more time to breath...but dark it is. Brooding hedgerow fruit with hints of tar and liquorice. Quite austere and dry at the moment, with tight grainy tannins.
I'm going to like this :LOL:
I'll report later if I can still type :!:

HB

A good friend of mine bought a run down Chateau just outside Cahors about 5 years ago and says the local wine is the finest in france, his land is full of lovely black truffles too and he always brings jars of the lovely little buggers back with him. I'm going out on a working holiday this summer to give him a hand for a few weeks, my tastebuds cannot wait :D

On a beery one- I'm just opening another ice cold Leffe Blonde- Nectar!!

Definately sell, I'm sure it goes off after a couple of years :LOL:

I sold one of my whiskys last year cost £15 new - a while back sold for £150, was just standard glenmorangie with a comemerative dornoch bridge label. I was well please with that profit.

The Ken":m66fa8l8 said:
Definately sell, I'm sure it goes off after a couple of years :LOL:

I sold one of my whiskys last year cost £15 new - a while back sold for £150, was just standard glenmorangie with a comemerative dornoch bridge label. I was well please with that profit.

Nice one.....when I worked for Oddbins we had a 'black' whisky, can't remember the name off the top of my head (looked like black sambuca), anyway, it was pretty awful to drink and we had trouble shifting it. In the end it went in a sale....cheap..got rid...job done.
Read Whisky magazine few months back...and there it was in the collectors corner, value £150.
God damn you hindsight :LOL:
HB

Back