1968 Harry Quinn Road Champion

Harry Quinn

As someone who had all his race frames built by Harry around this time and into the 70's, the frame was not built as a racing frame, more of a tourer as the rear end and fork rake is too long..
usual dimensions were 16 1/4 inches rear end 23 inches front, and would think that they are a lot longer ??? on this frame

Some measurements:
Seat tube: 23 1/2" centre to top
Top tube: 22" centre to centre
Chainstay: 16 3/4"
bb centre to front fork centre: 23 1/2"
Wheelbase: 40"
BB height: 10 3/4"

So I think very much a racing bike, the fork rake strikes me as less than on other machines I have of the era, high bb etc., short top tube

The only surprise is that the build up weight is 25.7 lbs which strikes me as heavier than expected. Bare frame is 4.4 lbs and fork is 1.7 lbs so nothing unusual there so not sure what's up...

Very similar to my HQ from '65 apart from the lugs, mine had the Prugnat style but the seat stay arrangement is identical and the fork rake, chainstay length similar. Mine was built as a 'race' frame but it would still take mudguards with 'sprint' wheels.

North Wales Division Championship RR 1965. 70+ miles - no bottle! How times change. Plastic headset, plastic gear, rubber legs ;)

Attachments

• NWDivChamps66.2.A.jpg
    NWDivChamps66.2.A.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 825
Back