The Rumpfy Collection. Current Muses

Eddie_The_Head":2lgpfczj said:
I hope you have good insurance as i would be scared to go out if i owned all them :LOL:

Quietly tucked away and heavily locked. Insured, alarmed.

Vitorzip":nh86lqug said:
Great collection there, Eric.

Steve Potts frame has a great finish, but that Goat... :shock: :shock: ... that´s something...

Amber Psycho´s look right with that green. Beautiful color scheme...

Thanks!

purplewicked":zg9cgrn8 said:
cherrybomb":zg9cgrn8 said:
Excellent collection, almost a museum full. :cool:

The only one's I'm not sure about are the Potts bikes. I know they are very desirable and beautifully put together but I can't learn to like the geometry of the frame. Interesting that the Salsa from the same period has the much more compact frame design that we're all so used to seeing these days.

Very cool dood. :cool:

have you ever ridden one of those old geometry bikes? they rip singletrack, bomb downhill, do everything right. long chainstays rock! it gives a short wheelbase bike all the stability it needs to bomb fireroads. it gives superb balance on technical hardcore singletrack..
not to mention the sublime potts rigid fork.
i take those bikes over anything modern.

Yup. I've ridden bikes with the more relaxed geometry, early UK bikes copied the NorCal design. The Potts are beautifully made it's just the geometry doesn't suit my taste. ;)

I just wish I lived somewhere with the kind of trails they suited, this little old island isn't famous for it's fireroad or hard pack :roll: :D

Superb collection! Thank you for sharing them. Seeing things like this just makes me want to keep buying more bikes ...

One question though - in the picture with all the bikes in a line, what's keeping them standing up?!

That is a true collector's collection, all are a thing of beauty (except, dare I say, the Slingshot, still don't get the concept)
The Salsa and both Potts stand out to me most but I'd happily throw a leg over any of 'em...
Looking at the relaxed geometry from the 80's kit also makes me realise I need to get my Fisher HKEK built up very soon too :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back