Rocky Mountain Cirrus

I wouldn't shim that seat post. That's the reason why so many of the Cirrus's had cracks at the QR. Lots of people found that replacement posts at 30.4 were a pain to find so they used shims and a common post size - and those caused the cracks due to the need to really snug them up.

Thanks for the tip. I'm also searching for a seatpost for my 20" Cirrus and was looking for the Shim. I'll go for the Brand-X Inline for now and watch for a Syncros in the future. That also explain why my 17.5" Cirrus had repair. :(

I've used a BBB 400mm 30.4 seatpost on my Experience, available for £20 on ebay in the UK. The long length helps to protect the seattube and its a direct copy of the original Syncros.

If a 30.4 syncros ever comes along you need to beat me to it!! I have a hunch that they may have been made as OEM for Rocky Mountain only, haven't seen any in 30.4 size apart from RM's that they have been on since new.

Very nice build!! The manitou looks good too...

I've got a nice silver 30.4 seatpost for you if you want?

Rio":3cxd2wra said:
Very nice build!! The manitou looks good too...

I've got a nice silver 30.4 seatpost for you if you want?

:LOL: no need for that anymore... I just bought this one: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Syncros-Satt...ort_Radsport_Fahrradteile&hash=item2a199f0894
Not cheap, but at least I managed to find one...

...but thanks for the offer though...

On my way again with this project... Now hunting down a M730 crankset preferably with black rings in good condition... never knew thes were that hard to get my fingers on... most I see are substantially scratched and/or polished... :? Perhaps it might take an other few months...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I bidder on that seatpost too. I am surprised you were willing to pay that much!! I wasn't sure 330mm would be long enough to protect the frame so I didn't go any higher.

I'll stick with my Syncros copy.... ;-)

Rob Atkin":21zjejat said:
I bidder on that seatpost too. I am surprised you were willing to pay that much!! I wasn't sure 330mm would be long enough to protect the frame so I didn't go any higher.

Ah... so you drove up the price to about one Euro under my max... :eek:

I'll keep an eye open for a longer one and tip you when I see one... 330mm is long enough for me... :)

mvd1974":23srkbn2 said:
Rob Atkin":23srkbn2 said:

Ah... so you drove up the price to about one Euro under my max... :eek:

I'll keep an eye open for a longer one and tip you when I see one... 330mm is long enough for me... :)

:shock: wow, you REALLY wanted a Syncros post for your Cirrus. Almost makes me want to offer up the two I have, but having a need for both makes that impractical for me. :roll:

no excuse for not completing this project now, right? ;)

RockiMtn":1wy1eyl0 said:
:shock: wow, you REALLY wanted a Syncros post for your Cirrus. Almost makes me want to offer up the two I have, but having a need for both makes that impractical for me. :roll:

no excuse for not completing this project now, right? ;)

Yeah, you're right... I really wanted a Syncros post for this one...

I'm a bit in a doubt about the cranks. Should I leave the Cook's on or go for some M730's ? Any comments.. :)

..when I leave the Cooks on I hope somebody can help me with the distance rings for the granny. How narrow (in milimeters) should they be ?

Here is a small picture update of the project so far...

Attachments

• Rocky Mountain Cirrus (27-02-2012).jpg
    Rocky Mountain Cirrus (27-02-2012).jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 704
If that's how far you have the post out are you sure it's long enough to protect the frame?

Are those tyres staying? It would seem a shame to spend that much on a seatpost/cranks etc and then have modern tyres on.

Latest posts

Back