Your Univega pics

Got this frame karma from Ibelieveinfixie, was a sweet bike indeed but summit else came along and the frame got passed on in a karma stylee. I loved the mushroom rear stays.

unibombersnow-1.jpg

unibombersnow2.jpg

Some nice bikes.

Is there any logic to the model numbers?

Chris, what does yours weigh with the new wheels?

i read somewhare that univega were one of the first companies to market mountain bikes

nice light well built yet under valued bikes omo
the later stuffs a bit "venture capitalist" tho

My first 'proper' mountian bike was a Univega Rover T2.5 in black chrome, cheap but a lovely ride. It lasted me five years while it had all my birthday and Xmas money spent on red bits for it, until I got my first proper paycheck and bought the Stumpy which I still own to this day. I've got nothing bad to say about them, oh yes and chrisv40, that was the bike I was begging my parents for, for Xmas 1992 but got the Rover instead, nevermind eh?!?

Agree with all the previous posts, great bikes.

I got an Alpina 506 as a frame and built it up single speed with bits out of the parts box. Very light frame for a chromo, rides really well and perfect geometry for my lanky body. Shame I didn't have the parts to do it justice.

It has a split on the bottom of one of the chainstays so it is relegated to light duties. I attempted to Karma it a while back without much interest. It now lives with my brother in law as a pub/canal bike!

I'd love to find another one in good condition one day.

main.php

NOS 1996 Univega Dual Action Team, came in the original box. Nearly complete XTR 950, Vanilla RX, Judy DH....cool bike.

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

Back